Shipping Items to PiP

Note, this post was taken from the Flying to PiP thread by Mission and put here in a topic created by Captain Sterling.

i have both...the extra long 63" hard gun case...and the colapsable poles.....and i fly to PiP with ...neither

i usually pass them along to friends driving down and they have hauled them for me.....a but of a logistical nightmare....but so far has worked out

My biggest problem is that I dont know of anyone near me that I could swindle into doing that...apparently I need to work on my pirate skills (persuasion). It would save me a heck of a headache trying to get a gun and a sword through security and trying to explain why...NYC TSA...ugh!

If anyone happens to know of someone passing near the state of NY that wouldnt mind hauling one more case to PiP for a few coin, please send me a PM so I could "persuade" them to give me a hand if possible.... :P

closer to the dates....there will be a flurry of folk kickin up details...of how and whenn their gittan all thars stuffs there....from hitch hickin to sailin down...and several just UPS there stuff down so its magically down there when they show up

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

i have both...the extra long 63" hard gun case...and the colapsable poles.....and i fly to PiP with ...neither

i usually pass them along to friends driving down and they have hauled them for me.....a but of a logistical nightmare....but so far has worked out

My biggest problem is that I dont know of anyone near me that I could swindle into doing that...apparently I need to work on my pirate skills (persuasion). It would save me a heck of a headache trying to get a gun and a sword through security and trying to explain why...NYC TSA...ugh!

If anyone happens to know of someone passing near the state of NY that wouldnt mind hauling one more case to PiP for a few coin, please send me a PM so I could "persuade" them to give me a hand if possible.... :P

closer to the dates....there will be a flurry of folk kickin up details...of how and whenn their gittan all thars stuffs there....from hitch hickin to sailin down...and several just UPS there stuff down so its magically down there when they show up

Where would you UPS your stuff to? is there a UPS store down there you can get your stuff from? or do you mail to the fort?

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

Where would you UPS your stuff to? is there a UPS store down there you can get your stuff from? or do you mail to the fort?

right to the fort...they'll stow it for ya for a day or two...and you can even have UPS come and git it when yur done!?!?

i believe Donna Diamond has done this for a copl o years in a row so far...she'll be better to answer details

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

I shipped a few boxes of stuff to the Fort last year as well. With Harry retiring, it might be a good idea to find out who the new person taking over is and if it's still ok with them. It probably won't even be an issue but............................

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

You can just mail all your weapons to me in Key Largo if you want and we can transport them down when we come. Heck if a tone of people need it we even have a trailer and can litterally load up a couple tons of stuff. So those of you who need to shipp the bigger cannons B)

id.jpg

• 4 months later...

The discussion of transporting tents [from Footprints! Tents] brought this to mind.

Is it possible, practical or permissible to ship (UPS) canvases down to the Fort and have them stored until our arrival?

I am not suggesting something random, but a somewhat organized shipment(by parameter of dates). I do understand what this might entail, but the possibility could really make or break the visit for someone flying in to the event, or those with limited space in a vehicle.

I am also going to investigate a "commercial alternative" such as shipping to a "Mailboxes Plus" or similar, and see if they will hold a shipment for "immediate" pick-up.

"The Devil is in the Details" isn't he, though!?

'Cutter

Edited by Mission
Edited first sentence to explain how this wound up in this topic.

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

Perhaps not the place for this post, yet the discussion of transporting tents brought it to mind.

Is it possible, practical or permissible to ship (UPS) canvases down to the Fort and have them stored until our arrival?

I am not suggesting something random, but a somewhat organized shipment(by parameter of dates). I do understand what this might entail, but the possibility could really make or break the visit for someone flying in to the event, or those with limited space in a vehicle.

I am also going to investigate a "commercial alternative" such as shipping to a "Mailboxes Plus" or similar, and see if they will hold a shipment for "immediate" pick-up.

'Cutter

I will look into this and confirm shipments...as with the new staff at the Fort, we will need to clear this as again.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I was sort of wondering about that. I also wonder if they will want to keep Becky? I doubt Spike has room at his place for her...

Who is the contact there? I want to ask them about donating her to the fort. Harry helped me with some forms and tax information on Bucky and I want to see if that is still jake.

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Those wishing to ship things down to PiP, please contact me at archangeljhsterlingcpt@embarqmail.com... once again I am handling this personally in order to lighten the work load on the event organizers.

I will forward along the shipping address to you and the information you need. Items will be shipped to Fayma and she does not wish to have her personal address posted on an open forum... I am certain all here can understand such a request.

Also she recommends dealing with UPS or USPS.... she knows there is a UPS Store in town in order to arrange return shipments after the event..she does not know of one for Fed Ex...so you will want to stay away from that...

Mission:

Shipping Becky to Fayma is AOK...As to donating Becky to the Fort... Fayma needs to check into this and get back to me...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Mission:

Shipping Becky to Fayma is AOK...As to donating Becky to the Fort... Fayma needs to check into this and get back to me...

That's cool, but for the donation and the tax stuff, I actually need to talk with someone at the Fort, not a volunteer. Harry allowed me to give Bucky to the fort as an in-kind donation which requires park folks to submit paperwork on my behalf to the Florida park commission.

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

Fayma understands this.... she is looking into it and will get back with the answer as soon as she knows

Crewe of the Archangel

Quote from Island Cutter...

"Perhaps not the place for this post, yet the discussion of transporting tents brought it to mind.

'Cutter "

Crewe of the Archangel

Those wishing to ship things down to PiP, please contact me at archangeljhsterlingcpt@embarqmail.com... once again I am handling this personally in order to lighten the work load on the event organizers.

I will forward along the shipping address to you and the information you need. Items will be shipped to Fayma and she does not wish to have her personal address posted on an open forum... I am certain all here can understand such a request.

Also she recommends dealing with UPS or USPS.... she knows there is a UPS Store in town in order to arrange return shipments after the event..she does not know of one for Fed Ex...so you will want to stay away from that...

Crewe of the Archangel

Hey, good idea putting this in its own topic Sterling! I am going to split the OT posts out of the Footprint thread and put them in here. (It will change the thread as the older posts will be on top - sorry for any confusion.)

I have shipped things to the fort when Harry was there and it worked quite well. Without Harry, though, we should try to organize this this year as Captain Sterling suggests.

With this in mind, one of the original posts on how to ship stuff to the fort can be found here. However, since Harry is not there, I would not depend on the folks at the fort to know what to do with your stuff until the details have been sorted out, so you would be well advised to coordinate shipping as suggested unless you want your stuff to go missing.

Edited by Raphael Misson

Once again if anybody needs to they can ship to my address here in the Keys and I can bring it to PiP, I should be going by boat (arriving on monday or tuesday) so I will have pleanty of room on board. If anything arrives after I have left it can be brought the rest of the way by Shay or the Viceroy.

id.jpg