Whydah Cartridge Box Replica

Dear sir, as Lt. of the Marines for the Crewe of the Archangel...i would be remiss if i did not have a box for the belly as fine as this...plus can't have the "oher" Lt. march have all the cool stuff!.....one for me if you please...just let me know how to send funds. :lol:

Mister Aluitious d'Dogge

Lt. of the Marines

(fomerly bosun)

crewe of the Archangel

:lol:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mates!

What's the story with the Whydah museum exhibit these days? Is this booty ever gonna go public or is it going to get shut down by the PC police everytime someone proposes a show? This is killing me, I want to see this so badly.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Mine is too ....finally... although actually tis a money order for the two.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I received my Whydah Cartridge Box Replica from Captain Midnight today, and may I just say, that pictures alone don't do it justice. It has the look of something that wasn't as much created as it was cobbled, like a well turned shoe. Each piece is well fitted and stitched into place. The craftsmanship throughout is exceedingly fine and the workmanship sets it on the shelf as a true replica piece, worthy of any collection. By the looks of it, it should stand the test of time as an heirloom quality item, provided that I don't abuse it too much while playacting in the hobby.

-William Brand, Satisfied customer

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Ahoy Captain Midnight!! Wondering how my Lt. of Marines, Maddogge's box is coming along..He needs some feedback!

Thanks,

Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I am personally very grateful for my box, which was issued to me by the good Captain Sterling himself, And yes it is very sharp!!!

I am almost reluctant to take it onto the field for fear of damaging it!!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I am almost reluctant to take it onto the field for fear of damaging it!!!

You won't be the first or last to think that, Rats. My box has been sitting untouched on a shelf ever since it arrived.

I once destroyed a good box by falling on it when I stumbled. All of the seems popped and I laid it flat, but of course it won't keep me from proudly displaying this new one. I'll wear this one right out. It is too nice to leave at home.

Ahoy Captain Midnight!! Wondering how my Lt. of Marines, Maddogge's box is coming along..He needs some feedback!

Thanks,

Sterling

PM sent, as well as his cartridge box.

Next box to be crafted, Mr. Willie Wobble's. :blink:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Just sent an email...interested in purchasing one of your Cartridge Boxes.

After finding this site (and alll the GREAT resources it leads you too), I've decided to rework my garb into completely period items... Right now it's a combination of both period and hollywood... I am very impressed with the quality and effort everyone goes through to be historically correct... I love new challenges...I have a feeling that Kass @ Reconstructing Hostory will be getting alot of business from me also- she does AWESOME work & research...this should be a blast! Thank you to everyone...

Thanks,

Graham

JUST GOT MINE IN TODAY!!! :lol: ...tho i had to wait a bit.....still trying to find out how Capn sterling got one2 before i....believe somone cut in line...capn perks...HA.....any way...absolutely love the belly box....fits me belt and everything....

to those who are on the fence....fall off already...order one today....well worth the wait....

thank you capn M. :lol:

(was that a good enough plug?) :lol:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

JUST GOT MINE IN TODAY!!! :lol: ...tho i had to wait a bit.....still trying to find out how Capn sterling got one2 before i....believe somone cut in line...capn perks...HA.....any way...absolutely love the belly box....fits me belt and everything....

to those who are on the fence....fall off already...order one today....well worth the wait....

thank you capn M. :lol:

(was that a good enough plug?) :lol:

Aye, thank ye folks for the kind compliments, I am very happy that you are pleased with your cartridge boxes! As an added note, I try to get them made as quickly as I can, but it's just me making them all by hand, and it gets hard sometimes wrestling the orders around my mundane job and family and other stuff, but my pledge to all the brethren is that I will ALWAYS fill your orders as fast as I can...I will NOT forget anyone! That's a promise! Thank you all for your business, I sincerely appreciate you all! :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• 1 month later...

Mister Greene, aka Captain Midnight, asked me to do an added review of his cartridge box some time ago. I've been busy, so this arrives a little late, but I'll borrow a little from what I said before.

Again, the Whydah Cartridge Box Replica has "the look of something that wasn't as much created as it was cobbled, like a well turned shoe. Each piece is well fitted and stitched into place. The craftsmanship throughout is exceedingly fine and the workmanship sets it on the shelf as a true replica piece, worthy of any collection. By the looks of it, it should stand the test of time as an heirloom quality item, provided that I don't abuse it too much while playacting in the hobby."

I've had it awhile now and I still feel that way. I've taken a few photos to highlight some of the qualities of this replica box.

The picture below shows the cartridge box closed with the all leather enclosure and the stitching which holds the entire piece together. The stitching runs through wooden slats which support and give rigidity to the curve and body of the box. It is a very sturdy piece and masterfully carried off.

CartridgeBoxOne.jpg

This picture shows the closure close up. The closure is made of a rolled bit of leather stitched against the lid of the box. A looped piece of leather is stitched against the front of the box itself and it fits snugly over the closure.

CartridgeBoxThree.jpg

This last photo shows the upper curves of the wooden interior of the box itself and the individual slats which support the curve of the box lid. Each slat in the box interior is hand stitched through the leather. The stitching is tight, the wooden pieces are well fitted, and the overall look is sound.

CartridgeBoxTwo.jpg

Above all else, I believe that the finest compliment I can give Mister Greene is this...People are putting this on their kit list. People are talking about the Whydah Cartridge Box. It has and will receive the continued accolades of the average pirate, re-enactor, and historian.

-William Brand, Satisfied customer

Agreed!

I wear mine with pride and the knowledge that:

TOP THREE ANSWERS

3.) It's masterfully made

2.) It was issued by the captain

But MOST importantly.....

1.) I had mine........ before Mad Dog got his! :ph34r:

:P

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

But MOST importantly.....

1.) I had mine........ before Mad Dog got his! :ph34r:

:P

OMG... laughing so loud, I just woke up everyone else in the house...

You know Capt. Midnight, you may really want to put some together for sale at PiP....just a thought...

Crewe of the Archangel

I, for one, would buy one at PIP if you're going to be bringing some there. Or, if you have the time, and you're able to make one for me in the next month or so, send me a PM and I'll get out a check for you.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

This last photo shows the upper curves of the wooden interior of the box itself and the individual slats which support the curve of the box lid.  Each slat in the box interior is hand stitched through the leather.  The stitching is tight, the wooden pieces are well fitted, and the overall look is sound.

Looks nice, but I question the slats in the flap. Actually... I did question the authority on this, and I was told those slats were not part of the flap.

But hey, whatever.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Looks nice, but I question the slats in the flap. Actually... I did question the authority on this, and I was told those slats were not part of the flap.

But hey, whatever.

Hey BlackJohn,

When you questioned the authority on the slats being attached to the flap, did you get an answer as to where they should go? Or was that they were not a part of the flap the only answer you got?

I'd be hugely appreciative if you shared the info if you are able to.

Michael_banner.jpg

I didn't think the slats were right either..... but that's one of the cool things about getting a hand made cartridgebox from Captain Midnight..... He made mine without them......

Just thinking 'bout this..... if I counted right, there will be at least four of them at PiP this year.........