Sailboats

I feel like Jack Sparrow at the begining of the movie. "I'm in the market", I am looking for a lightning sailboat. I live near Sheboygan, WI and every year we have a lightning boat regatta. Now I am as new to looking for sailboats as I am to piracy. So where would be a good place to start looking? I figure that the lightning would be a good boat to start learning how to sail. <_<

Try a google or other search engine using "lightning sailboats for sale". It should bring up plenty of entries. I did the same thing for the Super Snark and it worked great, just so many too choose from! The articles I have read and several blogs all point to the Snarks and Super Snarks as great training boats. Several of the "old salts" refered to them as their favorites for just going out alone on the water. Anyhow, the Lightnings were also highly praised. Good luck!

Try a google or other search engine using "lightning sailboats for sale". It should bring up plenty of entries. I did the same thing for the Super Snark and it worked great, just so many too choose from! The articles I have read and several blogs all point to the Snarks and Super Snarks as great training boats. Several of the "old salts" refered to them as their favorites for just going out alone on the water. Anyhow, the Lightnings were also highly praised. Good luck!

I am actually thinking about picking up a sunflower 3.3 the slightly better model of a super snark for the slightly wider width, front splash deck w/ storage and center seat that the super snark doesn't have. Both are neat boats though castlecraft.com and sailboatstogo.com both have them 800 for super snark and 1169 or so for sunflower 3.3

"A merry life and a short one be my motto"

Avid the PA ren faire, or live nearby? We're trying to start a club/group to do some fun things outside of the faire! www.countyerdoubloons.com/tavern