What's your favorite smell???

:lol: Cinnabon :lol:

I haven't been to a cinnabon in years yet just mentioning the name & I can smell it. Now that's marketing!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have news....the peppermint oil did not work, made the yard smell good for 5 minutes but the bloody cretins even ate peanuts after freshly dousing said peanuts with 100% pure peppermint oil. That myth just got busted...sigh. I also heard used cat litter will do the trick...still debating on that idea....

Pirate_Squirrel_by_Hwanggeum_Yong.jpg

Pirate Squirrels..pishaww...pirates are supposed to work together...keep to the code sorta.... :lol:

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

I believe ye'd smell, 'Red Door'!

;) Aye...that ye would...*giggle*

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

the HFS (that's health food store for you non hippies) has this stuff called "amber essence" that I *love*. It's a little smokey but not too much. Every time I'm there I rub a little on my hands & run it through my hair. I really should just buy the stuff I like it so much.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

I shop TJ's (that's Trader Joe's, fer ye non-beatniks). They hav lots o' interestin' smellin' things. Course un-like the hippies, I don't sample things off the shelf an run 'em through me hair! I places 'em in me basket first, an wait until I shuttle 'em home.

hey now, they have a sample jar out so you *can* try the stuff. The place is run by us dirty hippies after all.

You're so square Jacky. ;)

You two ....LOL!!!

mmm Trader Joes.. Indian rice, shrimp and Key lime pie

sans hippies..maybe a beatnik r two

You're so square Jacky.  :rolleyes:

Get wit' the times Chole, it's hip t' be square!

I love dirty hippies! Peace, luv.

Ya forgot the "dove" part. It's always "Peace, luv, dove" ;) Trust an ex-hippie on this one! :lol:

I read an article a long time ago that was about a test they did to find out what smell turned guys on the most. After all was said and done, it was the smell of cinnamon rolls that did the trick! Won by a landslide. Go figure. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Well I have news....the peppermint oil did not work, made the yard smell good for 5 minutes but the bloody cretins even ate peanuts after freshly dousing said peanuts with 100% pure peppermint oil.  That myth just got busted...sigh.

The smell you are looking for is the smell of galvanized sheet metal (as in a Havahart trap or two), followed by the smell of gasoline fumes (as in driving the little miscreants to a park at least 5 miles away). I had to do that one year after the little vandals destroyed an entire tree's worth of unripe peaches. (crunch. "Nope, this one isn't ripe either." plop. "Maybe this one." crunch. "Green too, rats." plop. "How about that one over there..." crunch...) :huh::huh:B)

Tree-ripe white peaches. Mmmmmm. Now there is a nice smell. :)

Who sells amber essence?

This is what they carry at my HFS. Love the stuff.

http://www.internatural-alternative-health.../ingr732255.cfm

• 4 weeks later...

A crackling fire on a cold night.

Ohhh but cool water ...mmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

Havin' got some rain this winter the wilsflowers be poppin' up soon. We gets a small weedy lookin' vine called Devils Claw what be the most fragrant flower ya ever did smell. It be a thick sweet scent that ye can be detectin' 30 feet away from the flower.

On natural rodent repeller- Run to the dollar store an stock up on cheap bubblegum. The varmits eat it an it binds with seeds an grass in their guts an they croak off.

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

mm this time of year...hyacinths...they sell like spring

I hev strange an' changeable scent likings. In the morning, fresh grounds of coffee, and coriander. Afternoon: 93 Octane; smells like work(used to be a mechanic, an' Diesel is far too filthy, fer me palette) Evenings: my caramel 3-in-1 bubble bath

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

The familiar smell o someone close to you...mmmm

I'm partial to the smell of burning frankincense, anything vanilla, the way that Drakar Noir smells on William's warm skin, cotton candy, lavendar, rosemary, the scent just after a nice rain, that wonderful loamy smell that comes down in the wind as it blows through the canyons here in the summer, and the way my little boy smells, especially after a nice bath.

On an odd note, when I'm pregnant, I crave the smell of old machinery and foundries (my Dad worked in a foundry and I still love that smell).

MaeveBanner_justbarber.jpg

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

- Maria Robinson

Oh, now we're on Perfumes and Colognes.

I wear Lady Stetson usually.

But for some Reenactments and pirate events, I lightly use Rose Oil.

~Lady B

:mellow:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Lavendar...mmmmmm