Random Topics

Patrick Hand

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa!!! WTF!?!? Patrick, we must have a huge misunderstanding brother. We're cool as far as I'm concerned. I think I know what incident you are talkin about, but man that was long ago and just a drip in the bucket of life dude. Sorry if I made you feel like I didn't want your friendship and brotherhood, life is too damn short and I've already lost too many people to death, drugs, and dissapearance.

No need to miss me, I'm still around. I may not play anymore, but here is where my last group of freinds reside. Here is where I like to visit and share life and research with folks I've come to know. We're cool!

And yeah, Conan is a classic! "Do you want to live forever?" :rolleyes:

Nightmares have me awake when I should be sleeping and be ready for class tomorrow, but my butt will drag come morning. Faces of my past have come to haunt me and my regrets may kill me yet.

Still no word from my son, he is busy with his girlfriend and trying to find a decent job. 19 and I miss him too, it ain't easy letting go, but it is another part of life as a parent I guess.

Wish I had something to make me sleep. It sucks having so much bad stuff in your head.

Bo

If I warn't a Pyrate.....I'd be a barbaranin.....

Are you sure you're not both?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Splendid news Cap'n, splendid news indeed ! ;)

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Finally got to talk with the boy. He said that there is no major trouble, just lymph nodes are swollen or something like that. They are concerned about his sugar count though and have scheduled him for more tests. There is diabetes on both sides of the family so they want to be sure and catch it early if there is any sign of it. I cannot express enough how much your thoughts, prayers, and support mean to me. Thank you again from this twisted ol wreck.

Bo

• 2 weeks later...

The boy is doing fine after all the scare. Doesn't appear to have diabetes either, just those swollen lynph nodes nothing to worry about they say.

I'm still having those damn nightmares of days gone by. guess they call it PTSD, but i just call it nightmares. I see dead people and i know them all. Is it normal to be able to feel things, taste and smell things even after you wake up? This is getting kinda intense here. just curious. Anybody else have these kind? I ain't sayin that I'm normal by any means but this is gettin wierd even for me.

Bo

Do you want the science version or the mystic one? ...

science : short version , your brain don't know the difference or awake or sleep you still capture stimulus from your enviroment even in your sleep, and process them just them same, when your consciousness mind (sorry english second language) shuts off your memories and thoughs are good as the real thing, that's why dreams (nightmares) are so real and still linger even after you are awake. there is different levels of nightmares (don't know the name for the real bad ones in english) but I use to have them all the time (sometimes still do) and it takes a long time to get me awake good enough for me to reconise where I'm etc...(plus I walk on my sleep too LOL ^_^)

mystic: some people believe you more open to comunicate to the other world and spirits when you are sleep (same a medium trance) , some people can comunicate better then other (it's believe children do it all the time hence imaginary friend) , and/or your dreams (the ones that make no sense) are memories from other life , that why you see people in your dreams you know but you don't really know where from , places etc...

did it help? ^_^ if not let me go grab my chicken bones and I will be right back ^_^

Gypsy_Dance_by_depplosion.jpgicon20tarotcardpoker-1.jpg

I often find that my memory of a dream is at times more vivid than a memory of a real happening. It is easy to see how some may be confused. Yes, I do smell and taste things when I wake. Lucky for me I don't have nightmares just some surrealistic dreams somewhat regularly when I actually dream. I have had a few years where I just wasn't dreaming at all. Thankfully the dreams are returning. Makes me feel like my brain is functioning properly again. hehe

Sense memories are more powerful than most realize. They can be triggered by both the conscious or unconscious mind - thus in a dream state. Interestingly enough, it is not uncommon during open brain surgeries (in which the patient is kept awake) for these kind of experiences to occur with sometimes startling results (ie, a patient retching after experiencing the distinct aroma of vomit after the surgeon tapped the section of the brain that apparently catalogs things like that).

As for PTSD, it is characterized by specific symptoms in the wake of an extremely traumatic event in which the individual witnessed an event that caused serious injury, death or threat of death, or had the physical integrity of themselves threatened in similar ways. Initial response is generally intense fear, horror and/or helplessness, avoidance of triggering stimuli, persistent reexperience of the event, and specific symptomotology that is persistent for no less than 1 months time. The next version of the DSM might include a new differential diagnosis for a chronic form of PTSD as well, allowing for the experience of various symptoms over the span of years, which (in my professional opinion) is actually a far more accurate descriptor as I tend to see people seek professional help years after the traumatic event, not within weeks or months. In point of fact, I do not believe I have ever had a woman come in for rape counseling any sooner than 11 months after the assault.

I do tend to wax rhapsodic on this topic, so I will end this here, but if you want more info on the symptomotology, I will be more than happy to provide it!

Well, I wasn't dreaming then, I actually did write this post in the night. ;)

Thanks for the feedback, and the events recurring are from a span of over thirty years, the most recent being ten years old. These dang wierd ones started before Christmas around when I get screwy anyhow, that's when my daughter passed away in 1993. These are really vivid and really intense with smells and feeling things like wind and sun and heat and blood, and tastes like how when rotten flesh is in the summer when you're ridin down the highway in August on a motorcycle and the death in the air gets stuck in your throat. An incident in Central America from 1985 brings that one on. I don't know how much more or less I better say about this, best probably to wait it out and see if the spring calms things down maybe. Strange days indeed.

Later...

Bo

I can identify with the wind & smells of the open road on a motorcycle, having been on them since I was a kid.

I used to have nightmares about the wreck that took my leg...............after a while they went away.

Hang tight my friend..............yours will pass also

PreglegStrick

photo-2503.jpg

Bump

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 months later...

My family needs some hearty prayers right now. First of all, my divorced sister has to go to court Friday to fight for her kids. They needs prayers for health, sanity, safety and success.

Second, my little sister and her husband were attack by their dog Saturday. Fortunately, none of their kids were hurt, though I think Liam may have seen part of it. I might give more details later. They're out of the hospital and should recover. They're shaken, though, and could use prayers for their mental and physical recovery.

Thank you.

A little more detail on the dog attack. At about Easter, Jack, my little sister's retriever mix, was sick and wouldn't eat. She took him to the vet and was told he had pancreatitis, valley fever, and an intestinal parasite. They gave her some meds and told her to call back if he got worse, Nobody realized just how bad off Jack was until Saturday night.

None of us hold Jack responsible for that night. He was in more pain than anyone realized and was not in his right mind.

That night, Jack laid down in the middle of a major walkway in their house and growled at everyone who passed. Sis was worried that he might nip the kids (the 4 year old might've forgotten to use caution around sick dogs and the baby barely know what caution is), and tried to get him to move. He refused to obey commands, so she gave him a nudge.

Jack went berserk. He bit my Sis hard, giving her multiple deep wound up and down her left arm and right hand. He also clawed at her leg and gave her bruises. When my brother-in-law came to the rescue, Jack bit his hand and broke a couple of knuckles. BIL finally managed to get Jack secured and went next door to call the police. After the cops picked up Jack and my mother pick up the boys, they spent overnight in the hospital. Sis was in tears, partly because of the pain and partly because she knew Jack would be put down. Just because he put her in the hospital doesn't mean she stop loving him.

Jack was going to be under observation for a few days, but when the vet at Animal Control checked him out, he was too far gone and had to be put to sleep. It turns out Jack had distemper, a hard to diagnose disease.

We're all hurting inside. He wasn't smartest or prettiest dog, but he was friendly and goofy, almost overly affectionate, and we loved him. His change of personality was horrifying. Little Sis' boys are taking it calmly. I haven't seen my stepniece since Easter, so I don't how she's holding up (she was at her mother's house that night, fortunately). My other nephew cried when he heard Jack was dead. His sister didn't say much, but she didn't want us to talk about Jack around her.

• 1 month later...

I have to start by saying that I live in California (where the State knows Everything that causes cancer )

OK, so I’m learning how to weld, and this morning for S&G I was reading the warning label on an empty spool of flux core welding wire…. I was surprised to find out that breathing ozone fumes (produced when welding) is hazardous to your health!

WOW… ozone is bad for you?

So I looked it up….

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

How is Ozone Harmful?

The same chemical properties that allow high concentrations of ozone to react with organic material outside the body give it the ability to react with similar organic material that makes up the body, and potentially cause harmful health consequences. When inhaled, ozone can damage the lungs (see - "Ozone and Your Health" - www.epa.gov/airnow/brochure.html). Relatively low amounts can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath, and, throat irritation. Ozone may also worsen chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma and compromise the ability of the body to fight respiratory infections. People vary widely in their susceptibility to ozone. Healthy people, as well as those with respiratory difficulty, can experience breathing problems when exposed to ozone. Exercise during exposure to ozone causes a greater amount of ozone to be inhaled, and increases the risk of harmful respiratory effects. Recovery from the harmful effects can occur following short-term exposure to low levels of ozone, but health effects may become more damaging and recovery less certain at higher levels or from longer exposures (US EPA, 1996a, 1996b).

Then I looked up the (22 page) list …

CHEMICALS KNOWN TO THE STATE TO CAUSE CANCER OR REPRODUCTIVE TOXICITY

http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/files/P65single052011.pdf

Aspirin is listed, and wood dust… but NOT ozone !

I guess the US EPA figures that ozone is bad for you, but the California EPA figures that it just messes up your lungs, but doesn’t cause cancer… so it’s OK…… Hey… how can we “Save“ the Ozone layer if Ozone messes you up…. ( Whales aren’t listed, so I guess we can still save them….)

Is it just me, or is something kinda screwy here?

<Bullets are labeled that they contain “chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer“, and Mustard Gas is listed as causing cancer….. Dang… I thought they were designed to work much quicker than that…. ;) )

I have to start by saying that I live in California (where the State knows Everything that causes cancer )

Is it just me, or is something kinda screwy here? :P

Mister Hand -

No , you're not crazy... it's government run amuck at it's finest. :blink:dry.gif

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney