What are you doing right now?

Christine

staring at the last 9 button holes that waiting to be sewn in order for this hunting coat to be finished.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cussing! If one more *&$%@# telemarketer calls my house.... I wish someone would invent a device you could attach to your phone, so that if one of these people called you, you could hit the # key and their head sets would explode - or emit a piercing whistle that would render them forever useless as a phone flogger. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Most of those telemarketers are poor working stiffs with no other viable way at the time of earning a living. The real villains are the a$$holes who employ them. I'd love to have a button on my phone that, when pressed, directs all subsequent calls from the telemarketer's phone to the company owner's home phone. So no matter who they dial, the company owner's phone will ring. Give 'em a taste of their own medicine and then some!

RHJMap.jpg

Just coming back from the Pirates 3 Lunch/Party here on the lot.

Lots of autographs, food, contests and entertainers from the Park. They even brought out the good Jack Sparrow! (Yes, we have a few not so hot ones...)

Displays with the building sized models of the Black Pearl and the Endeavor, flags and skeletons everywhere you look. B) Tattoos, games, pictures spots, water canons, music and prizes for the best costume or Sparrow imitation. (A guy from IT won if you can believe that!)

For once it was a real fun party!!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Staring at my FINISHED hunting coat! B)

& the pattern for my friends breeches & the pile of wool to make them. Better get started if I want them finished by Saturday.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Mending me black lace petticoat. Tore it last time I was dancing with those bloody Scots. What a rowdy crew! Gonna wear it dancing with the English tonight. (They're a much tamer lot than the Scots.)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I just finished me dishes...and I am taking a moment to breath and enjoy the moment....the warm summer day.....I Love the month of May....and June, and July too.....So I just being still and in the moment......

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Enjoying a rare moment of peace with the evening light and listening to the wind blowing outside..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Mmmm, savoring the sweet moments with my son. We have been playing all morning and afternoon...what a true joy he is to behold.....

I am now getting him ready to go out for a walk in the woods and to blow bubbles....he loves blowing bubbles....lol.....

Happy memories for the Heart.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Laundry....dishes....but now it is time to take my son for a walk. Holding his hand in mine and seeing his bright blue eyes look up at me makes my heart always skip a beat.

Drinking Pimm's and heading off to Atlantis with Col. Sheppard!

Did actually go to the grocery store. I peeked out my front door window, saw no ladder, and thought the neighbours' contractors had finished. But no, when I opened my front door to leave, I discovered they were actually sitting on my front porch stairs eating a late lunch.

So, to soothe my nerves (and give them time to finish lunch before I returned), I also made a trip to the drugstore, where I bought a pirate romance novel, Calgon "Take Me Away!" Tahitian Orchid body mist, and two large bars of Belgian chocolate.

One of the contractors told me they'd be finished by tomorrow. I thought at first he meant the entire job, but I see they haven't even started re-staining the deck. So, I guess he just meant they'd be finished camping on my front porch by then. Well... small mercies, I guess.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Hang in there, Silkie! (And peppermint & chamomile tea is very soothing to the tummy and the nerves.)

Me -- I'm bracing for the severe thunderstorm that's rolling in, with its threat of potential tornados.

Probably should turn off the computer now and get away from the windows.

But hey ... it did scare off the neighbours' contractors!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Me -- I'm bracing for the severe thunderstorm that's rolling in, with its threat of potential tornados.

Enjoying the calm after the storm.

Well, that was a tempest in a teapot! Only lasted 15 minutes, and not nearly as strong as was predicted. Tornado warnings cancelled now, the wind's dropped, and the sky is getting lighter again.

I'm gonna open the windows and let in that cool, fresh air!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

As my incredible wife lays sleeping after another futile week of city dearth and shite, l prop meseff up watching "Fury At Smugglers Bay", widescreen, on my porto player. Shot in the usual Hammer glory of style and visual, the viewer gets...pyrate turned wreckers,smugglers,a highwayman,and the incomparable Peter Cushing. Damn, it's good.

Come on now! Pyrates are given. Smugglers and highwaymen? T'und'rin jaze! How kin ya go awrong?

Every enthusiast should have this, along with either version of 'The Wicked Lady'(Margaret Lockwood as Lady Skelton, James Mason as Jerry Jackson), either version of 'Dr Syn'(MacGoohan as the scarecrow!), 'Jamaica Inn"(Charles Laughton is over the top), throw in 'A High Wind In Jamaica', 'Caribbean', 'Moonfleet'(a smuggling Stewart Granger), and 'Captain Pirate'(technicolor Louis Hayward) and yeev got a lot of the go!

Got off track.......

Ah yes, 'Fury At Smugglers Bay'..............................................................

Fate, I've found as o' late, has raised its ugly head ta' redeem ih'self.......

Cleaning up from a great cook out and now realizing there is only a few hours left of the weekend ( :rolleyes: ), until I have to go back to 'that place' called work.

Was rather a nice relaxing weekend. Group of old friends from up north gathered for a parade and birthday party. It was nice...I think we made the paper...again! Need to see if I can get a newpaper from that city tomorrow.

Cheeky

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Enjoying a glass of wine after working in the garden all day, fighting with my computer trying to download pictures to send to 'Bastian and Flintlock, and working on my artist journal inbetween times, so I can send it on its way on Friday. :lol:

Also, stalling answering my other half's question of, "When do I get a coat?" :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

oooooo pictures..

did I mention I didnt have my camera at Port Wash?

I"m typing and getting ready for bed. I mowed the grass today, and I had to inspect a dead roadkill rabbit that I thought was my way-ward cat that had gotten loose. And then I got to deal with the future ex when the mower died after he used it.. hmmmm. died and ex spouse... just a random thought.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Exhausted....considering ...sleep? ;)

But it's so early..the other half of the brain whines.. :lol:

Sigh...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...