blackjohn

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aces!

You rock dude!

I want to party on your spaceship!

I've forwarded this pic to the missus. I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it too. I may just have to buy her some Alliance money for Xmas. I've contemplated getting her the series on bluray. The show looks pretty good in hidef.

Get her the series, BlackJohn. I watch 2 or more episodes every feew months. Great show.

Thank you. I don't know what it is about firefly money, but there seems to be a little counterfeiter in every graphic artist.

My Serenity inspired bills...

William, just so I'm clear, I take it you created these bills?

Waay too cool!!

I remember we had an adventure once where we were trying to empliment a piece of crap cloaking device..(Yeah it was BS filler for the adventure) But we sent our mechanic out the airlock to get it working..... HAAAHAHAH... Then when he did finally get it working...... You geussed it, he was like... "dude, it works....Hey where did you guys go... no really where did you guys go?!! OK don't worry about it... I'll just find my way back!" About a half an hour later after we all got through dying of laughter, he finally gave up and we had to yank him back in...

Those were the good ol days!!

BTW: I love that poster!!

So who do we talk to about buying some blackmarket Non-cash???

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

William, just so I'm clear, I take it you created these bills?

The ones on the left are inspired by money from the film. I took the bills created by Geoffrey Mandel for Serenity and modified the color, size and denominations to create a One, Ten and Fifty credit note of the Alliance Bill. The original bill design that Geoffrey Mandel used comes from a bill out of Bhutan known as a 'Ngultrum'.

The bills on the right were created from other Bhutan currency. I modified them to create fractional currency, which is the equivalent of paper coin or partial credits.

MyCurrency.jpg

I use the currency as a prop item for events, as give aways and as a type of monopoly style money for a game I run monthly. The other money featured with the pictures of the cooler were created by fellow Browncoats.

My own original work can be seen here in the poster I created for the Can't Stop the Serenity screening in Salt Lake City this last summer...

UtahBrowncoatsCSTSPoster.jpg

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I think next week I'm kick starting my old Firefly campaign. It has gone through a couple different iterations (in fact, it started life as a GURPS Traveller Interstellar Wars campaign), and now I think I'm going to do another switcharoo and turn it into Mongoose Traveller Firefly.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

You know, since I don't have TV where we live, I've never seen the show. However, after seeing Williams awesome collection and currency, I think I'll head to Blockbuster and rent the first in the series.

The old cooler has also given me an idea of how to redo an old wooden chest I got at a garage sale during the summer. It's nothing antigue or fancy, more like a big wooden locker about the size of a Hope Chest, but the possibilities!

I think it's been said many times before, but, well......William, you rock! :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

You are the man!!!

So I just got an early gift from my best friend in Boston (I preformed their wedding)

My own cunning hat, that his wife made for me

Photo137.jpg

Photo138.jpg

Wait a minute... who's the new guy?!

Where's the beard!!????

Edited by Rats

sig2.jpg

I've never seen it either. Might have been able to rent it this weekend, but the weather is so bad, I doubt we'll go into town. It's a 22 mi RT if we do, and the roads are really icy, and it's supposed to keep snowing.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

OK for those who might not have access to FF videos.. here are some free episodes on line!!

SInce they don't have the first episode... You might want to start here. There are some flashbacks and back stories, which gives a good overview.

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi4135583769/

This is the next episode after the pilot

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi2245328921/

I'd give my spleen for another couple seasons..... Actually I'd give my spleen to be able to film a similiar series... Only better!!!

Edited by Rats

sig2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

RedJessi and I were exchanging things and she sent me a copy of all the Firefly seasons.

(Not to get OT, but she drew a skull on the back of the package which I thought was sort of funny, so I scanned it in for everyone to enjoy.

Jessi%20Skull%20Drawing.jpg

It sort of has a Punisher thing going on, which makes sense given Jessi's love of comic books. Jessi's cool.)

Anyhow, I am re-watching Firefly. (I talked about watching it the first time back in the early days of this thread.) I like it a little better because I know the characters this time going in. I am still struck by the hokey adoption of the midwestern accents, particularly by Mal (who can at least sort of pull it off) and Kaylee (who can't.) But it's a minor beef, so I'll try to banish it from my mind in the future.

This is still an awfully moody show. Nice set up in the first episode, though. I can see where this could have been a good show, but I suspect, based on the characters and Weadon's propensity for choosing odd paths for his characters in later seasons of other series that it would have been even better if it had a particular story arc and length like Battlestar Galactica did.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG