pirate wedding vows

cjronci

I, _____, take ye, ______, ta be me wedded wife. Wi' deepest joy I be receivin' ye into me life, that together we be one. As is Davy Jones to His locker, so I will be to ye a lovin' and faithful First Mate. Always will I be promisin' ye me deepest love, me fullest devotion, me tenderest care. I be promisin' I will live first. last, and always fer ye. I be promisin' that I be leadin' our lives into a life of faith, trust an' love. And so throughout our lives, no matter what may lie ahead o' us, stormy sea or fair, I be pledgin' to ye me life as a lovin' and faithful First Mate.

(semi- tongue-in-cheek) :huh:

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

• 2 weeks later...
(semi- tongue-in-cheek) huh.gif

Why Phill, you don't mean your vows aren't to be taken seriously do you? :huh:

Nice vows though, well done made :huh:

No, o' course they should be taken seriously - jes altered however much for th' circumstances...but thank ye fer th' compleement.

~ Vegetius

Methinks Phil says the same vows in each port he be anchorin in with different women. :huh: as the sayin goes, any port in a storm. :huh:

ARGH!

Ye be on ta me, lad - I have thet ditty printed up on th' backs o' me business cards, so's I kin whip it out right quick-like when the passion be upon me...

~ Vegetius

ARGH!

Ye be on ta me, lad - I have thet ditty printed up on th' backs o' me business cards, so's I kin whip it out right quick-like when the passion be upon me...

So that wás you i saw back then iin Amsterdam strolling along with a blond and a red head on yer arms :lol:

hero.jpg

• 4 months later...

argh, Phil, I could REALLY be usin yer assistance right about now fer a whole ceremony. I've got about 14 hours before a wedding, and I found out about 12 hours ago that I'm ta be the pyrate officiant.

As I'm muddlin me way thru this, I may be usin some of yer words, at least as inspiration.

If ye see this anytime soon, and have any good ideas, I'd be most grateful, doncha know?

Murph, me old friend...

I be thinkin' th' lads 'n' lassies on yer board would be MUCH more helpful to ye - jes' take one o' th' regular ceremonies 'n' substitute nautical-type words.

But, lessee...offin' th' top o' me shiny head, and usin' what I already posted...

"Dear shipmates and lubbers...

We be gathered here today, under th' sight o' (insert favorite deity / Universal force here), ta celebrate th' joinin' in holy matrimony o' John Doe, a scurvy though lovin' swab, and Jane Dee, a goodly wench whot got's a heart o' gold.

Now, afore we be startin', let me remind ye all thet what (insert favorite deity / Universal force here) joins together, let no Pyrate tear or plunder.

The act o' marryin', though not fer ALL o' us, is still a union true. You, John, and you, Jane, are enterin' a lifetime o' duty, honor, and respect ta each other. Ye both will be dependin' upon each other in thick and thin, fair weather and foul. You, John, will be the Ballast o' the Ship o' Matrimony, and you, Jane, will be the Sails. Without one o' th' other, th' ship will be dead in th' water. So iffin' ye want ta make headway through Life, remember ta work WITH each other.

Thet bein' said...

Face each other...hold hands...now, John, repeat after me...

I, John Doe, take ye, Jane Dee, ta be me wedded wife. Wi' deepest joy I be receivin' ye into me life, that together we be one. As is Davy Jones to His locker, so I will be to ye a lovin' and faithful First Mate. Always will I be promisin' ye me deepest love, me fullest devotion, me tenderest care. I be promisin' I will live first. last, and always fer ye. I be promisin' that I be leadin' our lives into a life of faith, trust an' love. And so throughout our lives, no matter what may lie ahead o' us, stormy sea or fair, I be pledgin' to ye me life as a lovin' and faithful First Mate.

Jane, repeat after me...

I, Jane Dee, do take ye, John Doe, as me lawful husband, ta be honest 'n' true ta ye, ta be carin' fer ye ill winds or fair. I be promisin' ta be faithful and lovin' as ye be ta me, and give ye a rock ta cling to in stormy weather. Let our Union be one o' a lifetime, and let us sail happily to th' ends o' the Earth with each other.

Wonderful...be there any chum-bucket or wench here thet be disputin' this here marriage o' John and Jane?

(silence - hopefully)

John, do ye have th' booty? (ring)

(places it on finger)

As a duly empowered agent o' Her Majesty, and in the presence o' (insert favorite deity / Universal force here), I now be pronouncin' ye Man and Wife (Seadog and Wench? Master and Commander? LOL).

John, ye may may plunder yer booty! :lol::lol:

Hope this gives ye some ideas, me friend - and fair winds to ye!

~ Vegetius

Phil, me lad, tha' there mate that be walkin' the pla... er , I mean plaitin' 'is troth, he be supplyin' the swag, the wench be supplyin' the booty...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Murph, me old friend...

I be thinkin' th' lads 'n' lassies on yer board would be MUCH more helpful to ye - jes' take one o' th' regular ceremonies 'n' substitute nautical-type words.

But, lessee...offin' th' top o' me shiny head, and usin' what I already posted...

"Dear shipmates and lubbers...

We be gathered here today, under th' sight o' (insert favorite deity / Universal force here), ta celebrate th' joinin' in holy matrimony o' John Doe, a scurvy though lovin' swab, and Jane Dee, a goodly wench whot got's a heart o' gold.

Now, afore we be startin', let me remind ye all thet what (insert favorite deity / Universal force here) joins together, let no Pyrate tear or plunder.

The act o' marryin', though not fer ALL o' us, is still a union true. You, John, and you, Jane, are enterin' a lifetime o' duty, honor, and respect ta each other. Ye both will be dependin' upon each other in thick and thin, fair weather and foul. You, John, will be the Ballast o' the Ship o' Matrimony, and you, Jane, will be the Sails. Without one o' th' other, th' ship will be dead in th' water. So iffin' ye want ta make headway through Life, remember ta work WITH each other.

Thet bein' said...

Face each other...hold hands...now, John, repeat after me...

I, John Doe, take ye, Jane Dee, ta be me wedded wife. Wi' deepest joy I be receivin' ye into me life, that together we be one. As is Davy Jones to His locker, so I will be to ye a lovin' and faithful First Mate. Always will I be promisin' ye me deepest love, me fullest devotion, me tenderest care. I be promisin' I will live first. last, and always fer ye. I be promisin' that I be leadin' our lives into a life of faith, trust an' love. And so throughout our lives, no matter what may lie ahead o' us, stormy sea or fair, I be pledgin' to ye me life as a lovin' and faithful First Mate.

Jane, repeat after me...

I, Jane Dee, do take ye, John Doe, as me lawful husband, ta be honest 'n' true ta ye, ta be carin' fer ye ill winds or fair. I be promisin' ta be faithful and lovin' as ye be ta me, and give ye a rock ta cling to in stormy weather. Let our Union be one o' a lifetime, and let us sail happily to th' ends o' the Earth with each other.

Wonderful...be there any chum-bucket or wench here thet be disputin' this here marriage o' John and Jane?

(silence - hopefully)

(places it on finger)

As a duly empowered agent o' Her Majesty, and in the presence o' (insert favorite deity / Universal force here), I now be pronouncin' ye Man and Wife (Seadog and Wench? Master and Commander? LOL).

John, ye may may plunder yer booty! :(B)

Hope this gives ye some ideas, me friend - and fair winds to ye!

Damn Phil! When it be I marry me Rummy I would give me gold fer you ta do the speaksing of this fine assort o words at our weddin. Ye nearly brings tears to me eyes ye does. As it is and ferever shall remain, you sir are "the man".

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Phil, me lad, tha' there mate that be walkin' the pla... er , I mean plaitin' 'is troth, he be supplyin' the swag, the wench be supplyin' the booty...

Arrr..

I always be gettin' them mixed up...I be but a simple Pyrate...

~ Vegetius

Damn Phil! When it be I marry me Rummy I would give me gold fer you ta do the speaksing of this fine assort o words at our weddin. Ye nearly brings tears to me eyes ye does. As it is and ferever shall remain, you sir are "the man".

(blushing) Thank ye, Sire...

...and I'd love ta do the ceremony for ye, but there's some legal problems in marrying folks outside your "jurisdiction". See, I'm only good in Pennsylvania...

(Actually, I'm good in ANY state, but we're talking legal things here... <_< )

But maybe I can establish residency in CA before the blessed event.

That, or I'll jes' write th' script fer ye, and ye kin be givin' it ta th' preacher-man o' yer choice! :D

~ Vegetius