new - better introduce myself

tasia

I have, of course, come by way of the Pirates movie, although have always had an interest in Pirates, I had no knowledge there were actually groups out there that re-created the pirate life! I am currently a medieval reenactor, medieval swordfighting (broadswords) by way of my 2000 lbs. warhorse. B)

I live in Oregon am 34 - not to old to become a pirate I'd hope - as long as I can have my pirate horse too!

Anyway, look forward to meeting you all and have enjoyed the posts I've read so far!

tasia

ahoy there Tasia,

welcome aboard-an yer horse too.

what part of oregon ye be from?

I'm in east portland.

you sca?

we go to a few events locally and have a loose gathering of like minded,elizabethan pirates.

pirateBlink1.gif

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

LOL! He's very strong, He could raise the anchor all by his lonesome!

captweaver65 I am just east of you in Gresham! I am in the SCA too. I had no idea Pirates were included in the time period! That's great!!

tasia

How many Pirates are in Oregon!! Dang!

I actually emailed a guy out of Troutdale that has a group. They'll be at Journey to Camelot in St. Helens on the 26-27.

"IM" means Instant Message. With Yahoo, MSN, ICQ there's tons of programs out there. I just got ICQ last night - but I dont remember my number right off!

I am new to the piracy biz too! I am in Washington, as land locked as could be in the foothills of Mt. Rainier. My family and I are joining SCA, we thought pirates would be excellent choices to re-enact, I found this site searching and I have already subscribed to the mag! YAY. B)

I am looking for help with researching Piracy during the ages SCA fits around.. we are wanting to be Christian Pirates, I know they were out there, and are even building a Ship. (Well its based on a fifth wheel trailer, but will have sleeping quarters on both ends and a large open deck in the middle with a plank of course.)

I would love to have a chat with anyone. My msn contact is here, tanglesbox@hotmail.com and that is also my email. We live in the Blath an Oir area for SCA in the Kingdom of An Tir.

This place is great. Kudos (cheers!) to the founders! B)

- Grayse

Ahoy and welcome to this fine establishment, Tasia, Grayse, ..hawks, ..vipers, and, and,....

Over 60 broth(sist)ers added to the ranks since I climbed aboard late June, a regular pirate revolution, if you will :)

All ye' new folk should visit my poll All Things Piratical and tell us if ye' feel this is truly a popular wave to be ridden.

Me own site ain't too shabby for the learnin' of swabbies and such, either, and I DO say so, myself! :ph34r:

Fair Winds,

Captain Sage