PotC Toys?!

LadyBarbossa

Actually the places that I have seen the 2 bobble heads for sale advertise them as from the movie with the bearded pirate being Captain Barbossa. They make no mention of them being from the ride.

But aye those businesses could be wrong in their billing. :blink:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the TV show I can see...

Kind of like the Young Hercules show. Young Jack doing piratey things.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Good news, everyone!! Looks like NECA is making the toys, and they make GREAT figures that bear uncanny resemblances to the actors! They've been making 19" Aragorn and Legolas statues that are absolutely stunning.

The article announces Captain Sparrow and Captain Barbossa figures coming soon. (Good news for ye, Lady Barbossa ;) )

Here is also two bobblehead PotC figures (of the ride, not the film) NECA made.

Now I'm REALLY excited. :ph34r:

Captain Wolfy Wench

I'm so excited! :lol:

'Do not be afraid to dream, for out of such fragile things come miracles'

I found a site that said the first POTC series will feature Jack, Will and an undead pirate. Series II will be Liz, Barbossa and another undead. They mentioned that Jack will be similar to those killer Spidey figures with 32 movable joints, so he'll be super posable!  :ph34r:

I can see how that lineup'd work, btu don't they usually release more than three figures to a series wave?

O_o 32 movable... joints? I wonder why he needs so many. *cackles madly*

Captain Wolfy Wench

I was beyond excited when I heard Barbossa was part of the release. Bravo to who decided that. I could kiss them... but that is reserved for Barbossa.. :ph34r:

As to the TV Show... :: shrugs:: guess we will see. I guess... if it will be animated, I would like to see it look better. I've not been impressed with the animations lately. The old ones like Snow White, Fox & the Hound, Peter Pan... that was good animation. Less Japanimation likeness, & more proper American. I thought that the animation in "Return to Neverland" was a bit... degrading compared to "Peter Pan".

Live action... would be interesting enough. I'm sure there are a few gents out there who could very well pass off as a Johnny Depp carbon copy of Jack Sparrow. I know there is a young man up here in Cedar Rapids that works at a local theater... a DEAD ON to Orlando Bloom as Will Turner! No joke! I've done many a double take & still swear it's Orlando! Everyone I know has seen this young man & it's WAY too uncanny! Plus... if it be a mini-series type thing like "Return to Treasure Island" which I enjoyed greatly... that would be cool! I'm sure there are MANY stories that can be told.

Just as long as they don't.. botch it up.

Can wait for the toys!!!! I am SOOOO looking forward to them. & Yes, especially Barbossa. ::innocent look with halo above head::

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I know there is a young man up here in Cedar Rapids that works at a local theater... a DEAD ON to Orlando Bloom as Will Turner! No joke! I've done many a double take & still swear it's Orlando!

Ohhh, in Cedar Rapids, you say? *makes a mental note to go pay said theatre a visit* :lol:

Yes, my problem with live action would be getting good actors. No way they're going even try and copy the originals. It'll have to be before the film with new/younger versions of characters if it's live action for me to be okay with it.

It's true animation has been declining recently, but you're not going to have animation like old Disney. Too expensive, too much work. Lilo & Stitch was very well done, don't mistake what I mean. Brother Bear wasn't badly done, either. I don't see so much Japanese anime influence in Disney feature films, though, but perhaps in their television shows.

Captain Wolfy Wench

The article announces Captain Sparrow and Captain Barbossa figures coming soon.

Now if only they would make a life-sized Jack Sparrow...

teehee...

:lol:;)

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

>Last week in Orlando, Eisner shared his latest vision: boost Mickey Mouse's popularity with new cartoons, including a "Mickey and Friends" TV series; churn out two "Pirates of the Caribbean'' sequels, action toys, and a TV series.<

I have read and re-read this portion of the article a lot. I find it a bit confusing. I'm not sure if it means there will be an animated series for POTC or the fact that there are two more regular movies of POTC due to come out in the future.

I am not keen on the idea of an animated POTC, as I think it would be of somewhat stupid to silly orgins. However, if it means there will be 2 more movie sequels to POTC, then bring it on!

As for toys ~ I WANT THEM ALL!

Rumba Rue

**Were those mouse ears on Rigetti's eyeball?** :lol:

>Last week in Orlando, Eisner shared his latest vision: boost Mickey Mouse's popularity with new cartoons, including a "Mickey and Friends" TV series; churn out two "Pirates of the Caribbean'' sequels, action toys, and a TV series.<

I have read and re-read this portion of the article a lot. I find it a bit confusing. I'm not sure if it means there will be an animated series for POTC or the fact that there are two more regular movies of POTC due to come out in the future.

Means both, actually. And I have to say -- I'm all for the sequels (since they're bringing back the original cast AND the original writers of the script) and the merchandise (let's go with some Aztec gold already, c'MON!) ... but the TV series, live-action or animated, scares the you-know outta me. "Pirates of the Caribbean" has come to Disney at the worst possible time -- when they're in "financial crisis." (Which I assume means they're only making millions of dollars a year instead of billions :lol: )

PotC is Disney's biggest success as of late -- which means they're going to exploit it to the fullest extent. Quantity'll come over quality, and nothing can ruin a good film (or trilogy of films) like over-exposure and rotten tie-in productions. I, for one, won't be making any plans to watch the series when it comes out. 'Ere's hoping they just don't mess up the movie sequels while they're at it. ;)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Jeeze. You folks sound like whiney Star Wars fans.

You don't own the rights to it, Disney does. Let them do their job.

And PotC jumped the shark by just being made.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I think Eisner should wait until the other "live-action" films are completed before going forward with the TV series. But Eisner is a businessman, not an visionary/artist like Walt was. I don't think he will wait because of all this pressure and that makes me sad. :huh: It will devalue the work of the writers who did a wonderful (if not historically accurate) job of creating a pirate story you could sink your scabbard into. Here's to hoping they persevere and succeed on the sequels. :huh:

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Rumba Rue

**A man's got to do what man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't** :huh:

(Which is why we are always so damn busy!!!) :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

PotC is Disney's biggest success as of late -- which means they're going to exploit it to the fullest extent.

Well... it was *Finding Nemo* actually.

But while POTC was second in monies, it was FIRST in the hearts of everyione here! :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well... it was *Finding Nemo* actually.

But while POTC was second in monies, it was FIRST in the hearts of everyione here! :huh:

Oops ... you're certainly right about that! :) I guess I was just thinking of the stuff that Disney has full rights to, and that's why I left it out ... I mean, I know that even with the Pixar/Disney split, Disney'll still have their share of the profits (present and future) in "Finding Nemo" ... but I tend to think of "Finding Nemo" as a Pixar work, even though Disney owns rights to it as well. But, yeah. :)

PotC is definitely my fav, of course ... but "Finding Nemo" was classic. I love the whale speech. ;-)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Quantity'll come over quality, and nothing can ruin a good film (or trilogy of films) like over-exposure and rotten tie-in productions. I, for one, won't be making any plans to watch the series when it comes out.

Hm, well, i think everyone is lookingat it differently. These movie franchises are huge and daunting, with most of them out with every sort of product out there, TV series included. if you look real closely, it is not the movie tie-in products that ruins the films. It's the sequels. Look at Star Wars. No one ever cared that the original trilogy had lunchboxes, action figures, bed sheets, party favors, you name it, they have it movie products, it was the sequels (or rather, prequels filmed afterward) that makes everyone stick out their tongue when someone mentions Star Wars.

And while most everyone is happy that Disney is making two sequels, it's THAT I think that "make or breaks" the franchise. Even though the original actors and writers are coming back and I don't doubt they can make an equally good film, it has to live up to expectations for the franchise to hold up. And I don't think Disney is even so sure about that. Look at how they're approaching this: making both movies right after the other.

Being such an idiot fan myself, of course I'll watch the films and the series. But I want to work on the show if it's animated... :huh:

Captain Wolfy Wench

• 1 month later...