Francois Desportes fine clothes

As some may know, I have been in love with Francois Desportes outfit in his 1699 self portrait. I finally saved up enough to have a kit based on his made for me (don't sew much myself). I received my wool late 1600s style justaucorps and just today received my sleeved waistcoat. I have to say, both pieces are just amazing!!!!!!! Next up, I receive the breeches (note the pocket on the thigh) and a small buff civilian style sword belt.

Check it out!

francois.jpg

Francois_Desportes_001.jpg

ihtcbanner.jpg

Ivan--- ohhh i can guess your excitement to dig into doing this!!

pirate fever is a good thing........

i want to see all that you do and learn in doing this!!{ cause when you share what yo u learn , i learn too!!}

i wait for the day my husband says " i want this THIS kind of clothing.... SO I CAN MAKE IT --THE CHALLENGE AND DESIRE TO make his wishes and dreams reality!!!"......

oh and i can look for dead things for yah..... send me you snail mail address and i shall fill a box with dead thing..... raccoons, possums, squirrels.... the bunnies wont make it-- between the 5 year old who LOVES bunnies and the dog and cats who LOVE them too.....

Did you have the breeches made in velvet like the ones in the painting? It looks very well done so far .....a pair of rescued greyhounds would do for the curs

Since I live in Florida, I did an interpretation of the outfit. Instead of velvet or silk for the waistcoat and breeches, I went with linen. The justaucorps is a light wool.

ihtcbanner.jpg

very nice!

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Oh Moosie....that is lovely....can't wait to see how it looks on you!

You called him "Moosie" how cute.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

WoW

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."