Baldric buckles made by Gibbet

Gibbet Jones

thats fantastic. what size belt does that take.

Hang in there on the money front mate. These buckles could earn you a fortune.

This one is for 2" width baldric.

I will also reduce this same design by half for small belts like those on hats. Maybe even shoe buckles.

well i for one will definately be interested in taking a number of the large buckles off your hands

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hell... Okay, so I have a serious buckle fetish... don't tell anyone. But these are gorgeous. I'd be VERY interested in getting some custom, if possible, but it also depends on the price (and of course, on your ability to produce them still). The period buckle recreation you're doing is downright gorgeous. I'm super excited to see some real extant examples of more ornate buckles, instead of just the plain "butterfly" or double D buckles most serious reenactors use.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

(wistfully) Yurrh, matey, ye can certainly sign me up fer a couple o' yer original design! Could send cashybucks up front (I'll take a risk fer a fellow Pubby; anyone else?) if'n it would solidify yer efforts...rolleyes.gif

right sorry t' hear o' yer troubles...parlous times we lives in.. unsure.gif

• 7 months later...

I'm happy to announce that I now have full access to

some top of the line casting equiptment. I will now finally be able to cast my buckles and ring disigns that I have had sitting for so long. The equiptment will be open for use this Friday. I'll cast some up over the next couple weeks. I'm so excited it's been such a long wait and the past year has been rough. I will post pics of the buckles as soon as I finish them. Thanks for your patience and support.

- Gibbet Jones

No Cage for the bones of Gibbet Jones.

Interestingly enough, I found this forum doing a search for bladric buckles and patterns. It won't be until the first of the year, but man, I want two of those! They look sweet!! Do you have any designs for 1.5 inch belts? That's the width for my son's archery baldric.

I have not gotten to smaller sizes yet. I do have 3 designs one which is ready to be cast . The other two I have yet to make into wax designs they are clay right now. I have two wax ring designs as well. I have started a new job about two months ago so I havn't had a chance to do up some of the designs I have drafted up on paper. In other news I will Be making room for casting equiptment at the workshop where I am employed.

Damn fine work, sir! Ye could possibly rake in a good sum off o' them buckles. Any chance yer located in th' UK?

'Til the Morrow,
Cap'n Bloody Sam Rackham
Captain o' The Cursed Few
Co Organizer o' The Southern Pirate Festival
Ship's Carpenter o' The Atlanta Pirates & Wenches Guild

Member of Order of Leviathan 2nd Generation

No worries, mate. I am as well. I had a buckle done by a fine gentleman across th' pond.

Was curious if'n ye be th' same bloke, savvy?

'Til the Morrow,
Cap'n Bloody Sam Rackham
Captain o' The Cursed Few
Co Organizer o' The Southern Pirate Festival
Ship's Carpenter o' The Atlanta Pirates & Wenches Guild

Member of Order of Leviathan 2nd Generation

WOOHOO! More buckles! Bring on the buckles!

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 1 month later...

Well not exactly a buckle. it is however my first successful cast, a hefty 2.15 oz stirling silver ring. Still trying to overcome and issue of flow with the bronze for the buckles but practce makes perfect and i'm learning on the fly.

b6671f08.jpg

446e06b6.jpg

625c4be0.jpg. Little Flaws here and there on this one but the next one will be corrected. Gives a good idea of what the final will look like. This one will be used to test petinas.

Wow that is awesome

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...