Let see ye tankard!

oderlesseye

I am currious to see the various Tankards ye all

swill ye rum eeerr wot ever ye be havin from.

Post em up and perhaps we might have a little

discussion on wot be more closer to "Period"

for Eye am curios. Here's mine to start this off...

IMG_2175.jpg

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Capt. Bob...You mean this?

93038%20Bottle%20Joe%20Frances.jpg

Or this?

93072%20Bottle%20Onion.jpg

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I dont have a proper tankard yet... but I do have my puzzle mug

IMG_0803.JPG

the above one is just so you know what I am referring to....my mug is taller than that one...I want to get a good sized tankard one day....less trips for fill ups

m_88912d35e54b4e34952d9677df54b55f.png

Half Moon Marauders

Irish Diplomacy... is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

Stynky stole mine!

Well, that's actually not true. He just said he did and then he sent me a whole bunch of other people's tankards. Bastidge!

Here's mine:

me_and_stynky_small.jpg

Glass bottomed, so I don't get pressed. I bought it off a little old pirate who filled it with rum for me for $20. (Stynky's pissed because he wanted to steal it and I caught him.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

here's me mug...and me tankard too.....

holds shy under 3 ales....including foam....coarse thats whats the m'stache is fer....

dogge3.jpg

no...dont ask me where the dent came from...can't remember if it was from my head...or somone elses!?!

Edited by M.A.d'Dogge
th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

:D

Oh my bloody God! Ye want t' see 'em? Are ye bleedin' insane?!??!? I've too many t' show pics of. An' I'm not kiddin'! :D I'ved used a 32+ ceramic tankard from Colonial Williamsurg, a pewter tankard (gift from Sea Rover an' Red Bess, thank ye both still ::: hugs::: ), more ceramic tankards (that match my plates and bowls) wood 'glass', glass glasses... now I have wood goblets, brass goblets, two new copper tankards, and TONS of bottles. I swear... I could suply a tavern EASILY! :D

But the pewter tankard and the massive 32+ ceramic Williamsburg tankard are my favs. I dare not walk around with the others.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Here's mine. Found it in an antique/junk store. It's got a neat shape, and an ornate handle, but...since it has a dent in the base, it has a tendency to tip over, so I'm on the lookout for another, more stable one.

Oh, and that's my good buddy, Jacky Tar, standing with me.

100_2836.jpg

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Lady B, Now I know where the money goes! lol Maybe you should have an auction ...use the $ for transport to events. :lol:

LOL... been tryin' to! three-fourths of it I purchased a few years back for Rev War. Now, most of them were given to me. Except for th' brass goblets... I couldn't pass those up for a $1. No, not each... for both!

I'm not kiddin' when I say I can supply a tavern... or even a whole ship or army. :rolleyes:

Nice image, Ransom. Lovely tankard an' handsom gent. :lol:

:::looks over at Dogge::: :huh: Yyeeeaaaaaaahhhh. We KNOW ye'd LOVE t' handle. :lol:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Here's mine. Found it in an antique/junk store. It's got a neat shape, and an ornate handle, but...since it has a dent in the base, it has a tendency to tip over, so I'm on the lookout for another, more stable one.

I think a good tankard has a dent or twenty in it. (Unless it's wood.) Every dent tells a story...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oh, I love the tankard, and don't mind the dent. But I really mind when it tips over and spills a full tankard of wine I've just paid for! My husband did a little work on the dent, as it was much worse when I bought it and wouldn't stand up at all. That helped, but it doesn't take more than a heavy breath to knock the dang thing over. Losing booze is NOT fun. LOL

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Here's mine, found it a thrift store. Considering its hammered out and not cast, plus I think its silver, it was a steal. Best 80 cents I've ever spent.

100_1841.jpg

Side view of the handle

100_1842.jpg

Ok much better pictures. Other one was way too fuzzy.

I just realized that Hannah's given last name is Smythe and her father's was Robert, thus the R. & S. engraved on it fit perfectly. LOL.

Edited by hellfirehannah
siggy.jpg

Thank'ee for posting the pix! I be meanin' the top one...that's generally called a globe and shaft bottle. The bottom one is called an onion bottle, and gobs of them have been found at Port Royal. I also have me a case bottle...all hand blown and from Jamestown VA.

Capt. Bob...You mean this?

93038%20Bottle%20Joe%20Frances.jpg

Or this?

93072%20Bottle%20Onion.jpg

Damn, thats sharp!

Maybe ye can name that dent Arthur?

here's me mug...and me tankard too.....

holds shy under 3 ales....including foam....coarse thats whats the m'stache is fer....

dogge3.jpg

no...dont ask me where the dent came from...can't remember if it was from my head...or somone elses!?!

Damn, thats sharp!

Oh, I love the tankard, and don't mind the dent. But I really mind when it tips over and spills a full tankard of wine I've just paid for! My husband did a little work on the dent, as it was much worse when I bought it and wouldn't stand up at all. That helped, but it doesn't take more than a heavy breath to knock the dang thing over. Losing booze is NOT fun. LOL

well tahts the whole problem right thar.....STOP SETTIN IT DOWN!!!!.....once mines full...i dont think i set it down once till tis empty....by then ...who cares if it tips over or not??? :rolleyes:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

I set it down when I go to use the privy.

Ummm, so ya takes your's inta the privy with ya, do ya? Remind me never to offer to hold yer tankard for ya. Or drink from it!!! :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D Okay, you win! LOL

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

:rolleyes:

Oh my bloody God! Ye want t' see 'em? Are ye bleedin' insane?!??!? I've too many t' show pics of. An' I'm not kiddin'! :rolleyes:

~Lady B

:DYESSSSSSsssss! We Wants T' See 'Em!!!!

All Female Pirates, LET'S SEE THEM NOW!! POST THEM PICS!!!

WHOYA!!!

(post Happy Dance here!)

Here be me Leather Tudor Rose Tankard.

Recovered from th' Mary Rose in 1545, she has been in me family ever since.

Solid leather 'n pitch lined inside, several times repaired with bee's wax.

I drink from her, drop her, loose her, find her, repair her, drink from her, drop her, repair her, drink from her some more.

After a good coat o' bee's wax EVERYTHING taste so GOOD from her lips!

Tudorrose.jpg

"Leather drinking vessels have been made and used for centuries.

Historically lined with the resin of the Birch or Pitch tree, or even beeswax.

Hidebound vessels are lined with pitch, a material traditionally used to seal beer casks and water tanks prior to the advent of modern epoxy resins.

The Mary Rose is the only 16th century warship on display anywhere in the world. Built between 1509 and 1511, she was one of the first ships able to fire a broadside, and was a firm favourite of King Henry VIII.

After a long and successful career, she sank accidentally during an engagement with the French fleet in 1545. Her rediscovery and raising were seminal events in the history of nautical archaeology."

....psst, do naught tell anyone but it really be me grand da what sank poor Mary Rose; When th' capt'n told he'm t' "Go Aloft" he thought th' capt'n said 'aloof', so while down in th' bilge he came across what he thought t' be a bung t' a mighty large rum keg, so he pulled it out...th' rest be history....

:D

Edited by MadL

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!