June 2008 Nor Cal Pirate Fest!

Ace of Harbor Bay

HAd to step left of trouble

and found rum! Twas good seein ye thar too!

Especially whence ye lookies into the Mic Scallywags eyes..He had hold yar soul ! ...I saw it..Plain as day!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say about NorCal was — AWESOME!

First off, a HUGE thank-you to Iron Jack, Red-Handed Jill and the Captain and crew of the Aldebaran for allowing Chain Shot and myself to have WAY too much fun on board his fine schooner. Even if I hadn't been able to fire cannons and pistols, just being on the ship would have been a treat. Being heeled over, running with the wind, your scuppers only about a foot and a half off the water, while fireing at the poor bast**ds on shore, is a real pirate high! It may take me weeks to get the grin off my face.

Red-Handed Jill and I finally got to toast our mutual birthday dates. Shots of Pirate Pistol rum. Killer!

To Tales of the Seven Seas — a really great group. I can't say enough nice things about how hard they worked to make a period correct camp. Smee taught a lot of "muggles" that it takes more to being a sailor than donning a Jack Sparrow hat. He showed them how to use a compass to navagate, had a ship's wheel set up to show how it worked, explained how a four-hour watch was marked by the ringing of the ship's bell (he had one). Many adults learned a thing or two as well. Lady Jaxx ran a great kitchen, and even put a dish of water out by the camp entrance for all the poor, thirsty dogs at the fair — including one wearing a hat, belt, and bucket boots.

To my good friend Oderlesseye, it was a such a kick seeing you again. Your enthusiasm is infectious, and your sense of humor — although a little twisted (Eyes to the young lady cashier at Pirate Pizza, while pointing to the ugly "wound" over his right eye: "Can you lance this for me?") — always had people laughing. The Treasure Hunt he thought up for Sunday was a hoot, and I'm sure a lot of young kids thought we were the dumbest pirates at the fair! — which was the whole point! LOL. Any time ol' Eyes wants to head north, he has a berth at Ransom and Chain Shot's house, for sure.

I credit Patrick Hand for one of the funniest lines of the weekend. While doing gate duty Saturday morning, he points to a man with a parakeet on his shoulder and says, "That's why you should never wash your parrot. They shrink."

My apologies to Bilgemunkey for accidentally interupting his interview with Patrick and Eyes. I thought they were just chatting about an upcoming skit we were going to do, so joined them. Oops! However, he took it in stride, and even offered me a sip from his flask. Don't know what kind of rum it was, but I intend to find out. GOOD STUFF!

There were many excellent singing groups and bands, but as always, Pirate Charles kicked butt, and Ransom danced her tired feet off. On Sunday, at one point in our Treasure Hunt our group of lost souls acosted Pirate Charles between gigs, and they played right along. Great guys.

By Sunday night my feet were killing me, my face was burnt to a crisp (I think my nose glowed in the dark), I had bruises on my shins from scrambling back and forth on the deck of the Aldebaran, and I was bone tired, but it was more than worth it, and I can't wait to go back next year!

I will have to e-mail a few pictures to either Red-Handed Jill or Eyes to post for me, as I am currently locked out of my photobucket account. Between Chain Shot and myself, I think we took about 200 pics.

To anyone debating on whether or not to go next year — GO! You'll have a blast.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Start saving your shiny now, Rumba, it's worth every dime! :angry:

Oh, and Jill, on Sunday, when we were regrettably on shore watching instead of on board, many of the spectators asked Chain Shot and myself if the Aldebaran was letting the public take sails around the bay. I said, "Alas, no. You can board by invitation only." **Said with a self-satisfied pirate smirk**

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Start saving your shiny now, Rumba, it's worth every dime! :angry:

Oh, and Jill, on Sunday, when we were regrettably on shore watching instead of on board, many of the spectators asked Chain Shot and myself if the Aldebaran was letting the public take sails around the bay. I said, "Alas, no. You can board by invitation only." **Said with a self-satisfied pirate smirk**

Aye - one of the chosen few... Captain Hayden was really impressed by both of you, by the way.

Here are your pics!

Oderless Eye:

100_2475.jpg

Aldebaran through the smoke:

100_2495.jpg

Aldebaran and a friend (the Sea Eagle):

100_2514.jpg

RHJMap.jpg

I Wanta Do It Again!

Any place with pirate lass' what stand fifteen foot tall, rows o' powder guns a go'n BOOM!, dead pirates what really dead yet still walk'n, music 'round e'ery corner, no one nose'n in me canteen at th' gate but me, 'n smiles, smiles, smiles fer miles - Ought'a Be A Once A Week Gig!!!

:angry: :o<_<

....'n did I mention th' wenches what stand fifteen foot tall??

:o

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

OL Jack The Pirate ..Likewise to ye mate.. Ye made a good impression on me with your style of reenactment as a whole.. I have some clothing on order thet be simular..

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

I really like the picture of "A boy and his gun", as it shows how far the ship canted over during some of her runs. The picture was taken by the captain's wife, with Chain Shot's camera, as were the other shots on board the Aldebaran.

And Jill, you can tell Captian Hayden we were very impressed with him too! He was so calm throughout the whole day — even when he suggested that we rub gun powder on our butts and all hang BA's at the shore on our last run! :unsure::lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Another funny aside - during Saturday's battle, the corset I was wearing had a malfunction and one of the bones in the front was poking me in the chest. So I took it off and stored it in one of the fore deck lockers where we keep the gaskets (used to tie down the sails when they aren't up.) In all the excitement, I forgot that I had left it there and when one of the guys reached in to grab a gasket and got a black lacy corset instead. After the surprise wore off he thought it was pretty funny. And the other crew members kept teasing me about it the rest of the weekend.

RHJMap.jpg

Red-Handed Jill may ha'e just start'd a new fad among pirates:

Frilly Black Lace Gaskets! <_<

...hey, we refer t' ships as female now do we not?? <_<

Thats why I always say Corsets ought be "piece tied" <_<

Noquarter2copy.jpg

<_<<_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Thats why I always say Corsets ought be "piece tied" <_<

I prefer snaps, they be much more easier t'.......

<_<

Not when it's them tall, stilty-wearing girls! <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

OMG! I knew I was shovin' my way through a lot of people on Sunday, trying to get to Chain Shot, who was standing right along the rail to save me a spot so I could take pictures. Did they ever say how many people actually attended the event?

Oh yeah, it was WAY more fun on the Aldebaran! :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I didn't find out until we were practically underway that arrangements had been made to taxi folks back to Vallejo after Sunday's battle. If we can get that squared away next year, we'll have you aboard both days rather than fighting the crowds on Sunday.

RHJMap.jpg

:D;););)

;)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oh! Oh! There I Am! There I Am!!

Third one on the left, right in the middle o' th' crowd, half way from th' rear I be! Th'e one inbetween th' two pretty wenches I be!!!!

:D I Be Famous! ;)

Eat Yer Heart Out Jack!