Any Pirates coming to LORE this year?

Iron Bess

Do they normally take this long to cash mailed in application checks?

Perhaps I send have Ma Bell drop them a message in a bottle to see if I got on the roster?

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could, but I suspect they have your information. They are not the most organized facility, but payments always seem to find their way. This is why I choose to pay on the day I attend.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Black Hearted Pearl..Ya made It even more fun last year..

eye look foward ta seeing ye thar again.. :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

You could, but I suspect they have your information. They are not the most organized facility, but payments always seem to find their way. This is why I choose to pay on the day I attend.

But I don't even see the check logged on my account which means they ain't taken it t' the banker yet...?

Ya know how hard it was for t' print that sucker?!!? Why I can'ot be printin them that pretty everyday ya know!!!

:lol:

Nay, they usually deposit all the checks for one event together. Yer check will most likely clear after the event, after they receive mine. :lol:

I would not worry so about it.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Well... LORE is this coming Weekend.

While I m'self will only be teaching on Saturday, I hopes to see SOME of you there! : )

Stop by the Bodhran class (I'm teaching) or the Hornpipe class (I'm drumming for the dancers) and say Hi!

Just as an aside... I will NOT be in full Pirate Rigg as I have plans for afterwards ;) And coming in costume is not mandatory... many, many folks come in civies that are *themed* of course ;)

Hope to meet a few of you. :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'm coming in Garb. I don't want to get me good clothes dirty. :lol:

TOO LATE!!!

Oh wait.... that was a secret, wasn't it........ :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Do you know how many of my shirts are filthy from black powder? Be careful what you say, Lass. :lol:

I was careful....

Like I said... too late. :unsure:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...

We will be setting up a gambling den, please drop by and say ello to the Alliance of the Double Cross.

Oh, and bring money, lots and lots of money, aye, thar be true fun to be had.

-Greydog

(Actually, no real gambling going on. Do drop by and say hello. Then again, we never viewed it as gamblin when somebody plays one of our games, anyway. :lol: )

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

And I would like to say that Greydog did SPLENDID in the Bodhran class! (chuckle)

It was so good to see you. :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

And I would like to say that Greydog did SPLENDID in the Bodhran class! (chuckle)

That's because I be smart enough to let me better half Cantankerous Jan be playin that thar instrument. I am challanged to carry a tune in a bucket, I be, and that be fer sure.

However, t'was a glorious class you gave. My being challeneged or not it be right enjoyable to see, hear, and learn.

The fact that it be Iron Bess bein the teacher, made the sound so ever more sweet. T'was a joy to me ears, a party fer me eyes, and spring water fer me soul, t'were enjoyable it were.

Fair winds on the morrow,

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

The fact that it be Iron Bess bein the teacher, made the sound so ever more sweet. T'was a joy to me ears, a party fer me eyes, and spring water fer me soul, t'were enjoyable it were.

Fair winds on the morrow,

-Greydog

hmmmm, plying the teacher with sweet words, are ya? Next time, I say hard labor for those who don't try at least. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

(Actually, no real gambling going on. Do drop by and say hello. Then again, we never viewed it as gamblin when somebody plays one of our games, anyway. ;) )

;)

Then gimme back me shirt!

It be cold out here!

;)

Give it back?! ;)

Tell ye what, come on by and we will let ye bet your boots on a nice quick game of sweat cloth. ;)

-Greydog

;)

hmmmm, plying the teacher with sweet words, are ya? Next time, I say hard labor for those who don't try at least. ;)

Aye, if n you will listen, then I will play; after which we be dicussin just who had the hard labor in that arriangement. ;)

Yeah... we DID have fun, didn't we??

And remember....keep the tipper uprigh, flush with the drum skin and no dragging! :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Give it back?!  :lol:

Tell ye what, come on by and we will let ye bet your boots on a nice quick game of sweat cloth.  :lol:

-Greydog

Only if we can Push A Penny so I can gets me boots back after ;)

and what be this about 'no dragons'???

I think ye be beatin ta a different drum once Barbossa Leather git me my new baldric, Iron Bess

Aye Iron Bess, and I thought it were keep me skin upright against me tipper. I did have a lot of fun with the Bodhrans.

It was great t'have all those drums poundin' away.

Right fine and fun day I had there.

Thank ye kindly.

Also mirrorin' Greydog's remarks; do drop in to the Cutthroats of Corona and drop by the Alliance of the Double Cross's encampment. We had enough fun playin' the games at LORE, the actual event is going to be a riot.

Captain Bryan C. Dunn

The Sage Lion

Thank ye,

Captain Sage

thesagelion.comthesagelion.com

If'n m'own schedules allow I'll come by indeed and have at your hospitality!

And I'll leave the Bodhran out beyond the gate of the encampment, I swear... (chuckle) :o

Hope to see you soon.... <_<

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Aye Jacky Tar... Mayperhaps Eye might greet ye once again thar..

this tyme ney in berckinstoks eeeer how ever ye spell 'em..

Oderlesseye gots shoes finally.. I remember ye politely pointing

at them at Ojia.. Eye became more determined to remedy that since.

And ya Lady Alyx~ Eye will be thar...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."