Caribbean Cruise

:rolleyes: Ahoy there, mateys. Can any of ye' brethren or sistren recommend a day cruise. My first mate and young crew member are lookin' to leave all landlubbers behind and sail with some real pyrates of the Caribbean. We'll stop in San Juan, P.R., Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. I have seen a pirate ship in Aruba, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas, but they seem like party boats, not pirate boats. Any information?

Has anyone been on the Lord Sheffield Pirate cruise, in St. Maarten? Or the Jolly Pirate ship in Aruba? They both sound better than the boats in St. Thomas. If anyone has been on both, a review would be very much appreciated.

Didja say 'crews'( a deep Davey Jones accent)....or 'cruise'?

Day cruises? Those don't sound like day cruises.

As for pyrate cruises stateside yes, I can give you a good list (Fl, Va, RI, etc). As fo' de eye-lands....don't know much other than I heard something of a pirate excursion in Charlotte Amalie, USVI, I'll check into that and let you know what I find.

People, help me out here. Other than the multi-day Windjammer pirate-thingy cruises out of St Maarten/St Martin, i don't know much. Even my latest issue of lattitudes & Attitudes magazine didn't say much.

Hurricane season is fast approaching, don't say I didn't warn ya. B)

SHIP2-1.jpg

Didja say 'crews'( a deep Davey Jones accent)....or 'cruise'?

Day cruises? Those don't sound like day cruises.

As for pyrate cruises stateside yes, I can give you a good list (Fl, Va, RI, etc). As fo' de eye-lands....don't know much other than I heard something of a pirate excursion in Charlotte Amalie, USVI, I'll check into that and let you know what I find.

People, help me out here. Other than the multi-day Windjammer pirate-thingy cruises out of St Maarten/St Martin, i don't know much. Even my latest issue of lattitudes & Attitudes magazine didn't say much.

Hurricane season is fast approaching, don't say I didn't warn ya. :lol:

B) Arrrgh! Matey, I did say day cruise. I am day crew up here, but down there I plan to plunder and enjoy some rum from Davy Jones' Locker! Pyrat Rum at that! (From Antigua, I believe & distributed by Patron)

My first mate and younger crew member will be feastin' on the booty of Royal Caribbean Crews Line and taking in the balmy sea air next February (hopefully far from the Hurricanes ye' warned me of). We will have a day in Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas, then round-trip back to San Juan.

We're just looking fer a fun day under the sails. There are four ships I am aware of, but I'm trying to make an informed decision.

As for stateside, what are your suggestions? I will put them in my "someday" file.

Thank ye' for responding to this landlubber / pyrate wanna-be. ;)

Talllship adventures in the Caribbean.

Maybe this is what you are looking for, but perhaps not in one of the ports you are visiting. The term yer looking for is Tallship Adventure Sail. As there are fewer and fewer Tallships left, finding one in the tourist ports of the Caribbean can be difficult. Most of the tallships I know of are US based non-profits. It is only with the care of several hundred people are these beautiful ships saved.

Next time you sail the Caribbean, be sure to stop in Key West. There are two beautiful Tallships that take out tourists there. The Schooner Wolf and Schooner America. I know several have sailed the Wolf and I have sailed with the America.

schooneramerica.jpg

HTH

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Maybe this is what you are looking for, but perhaps not in one of the ports you are visiting. The term yer looking for is Tallship Adventure Sail. As there are fewer and fewer Tallships left, finding one in the tourist ports of the Caribbean can be difficult. Most of the tallships I know of are US based non-profits. It is only with the care of several hundred people are these beautiful ships saved.

Next time you sail the Caribbean, be sure to stop in Key West. There are two beautiful Tallships that take out tourists there. The Schooner Wolf and Schooner America. I know several have sailed the Wolf and I have sailed with the America.

schooneramerica.jpg

HTH

Thank you. I'll look for those. Our next trip is out of San Juan, so we'll be bypassing Florida altogether. I will look for one of the tallships next time we're in Florida. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this is what you are looking for, but perhaps not in one of the ports you are visiting.  The term yer looking for is Tallship Adventure Sail.  As there are fewer and fewer Tallships left, finding one in the tourist ports of the Caribbean can be difficult.  Most of the tallships I know of are US based non-profits.  It is only with the care of several hundred people are these beautiful ships saved.

Next time you sail the Caribbean, be sure to stop in Key West.  There are two beautiful Tallships that take out tourists there.  The Schooner Wolf and Schooner America.  I know several have sailed the Wolf and I have sailed with the America.

schooneramerica.jpg

HTH

Thank you. I'll look for those. Our next trip is out of San Juan, so we'll be bypassing Florida altogether. I will look for one of the tallships next time we're in Florida. Thank you.

That looks wonderful! I would really love to look into doing that my own self. Espically since now that my Father is moving down to FL from MO fairly soon. lol I need to come up with more exusess to o him.