FireFly: Inara or Kaylee

In Jaynestown, when Simon is talking about Egyptian brewing processes, Kaylee just goes blank, and then sort of mocks him for being a learned history geek. I would think you, like me (and unlike either Mal or in all likelihood Nathan Fillian) would find that a major problem.

My take on that scene was a little different, maybe I should view it again to make sure, but I don't think Kaylee was mocking him at all.

She always has something nice to say, and is usually upbeat. I think she was trying to compliment Simon on his vast knowledge, but was left kind of speechless. The only thing she could come up to say (while dreamily looking at Simon) was "wow... thats so..... Historical".

I'm not trying ton convince you she was mocking, just pointing out that's the way I saw it, while sitting there at that point in time in space.

This whole notion of attraction, what makes someone attractive to one person, and not someone else, is very fascinating. It would be fun to revisit this thread in ten years to see if our opinions had changed.

Suddenly, I'm reminded of the study about brain chemistry and love. As I recall there are studies that say love is just chemical reactions in the brain, which, over the course of two or three years the brain grows accustomed to these chemicals and builds up a tolerance to them (or maybe the brain just stops producing that set of chemicals). Beyond that point the brain kicks into some sort of comfort/protective mode.

Kinda makes sense from the Og the Caveman point of view. Infatuation, sex, kid, must protect.

I wonder who Og the Caveman would pick?

Inara. Inara take berries. Makes lips red. Good zugzug. And can handle bow and arrows.

:blink:

(somebody had me a cup of coffee!!!)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the pickup-truck-drivin' boy from farm country:

Kaylee and MaryAnn.

At the same time.

Kaylee can fix the truck if/when it quits, MaryAnn can make me some sweet potato pie and darn my socks. Then MaryAnn and I wipe the grease off of Kaylee's nose and get funky.

:lol:

Stand and deliver!

Robert Fairfax, Freelance Rapscallion

Highwaymen.gif