Longboats ???

Rats

I'd like to find plans for an authentic longboat. I'm in the planning stages of building a boat, and would love to find plans for something like this:

longboat.jpg

This one has obviously seen its better days, but she's still a beauty none the less. :) :(

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Aye......stares longingly...she's beautiful just the way she is *sigh*

Mayhaps one of the active sailing vessels would be a place to investigate?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Yep, I agree, Jenny. If I could build one like this, she'd definitely be the one! :) :huh:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I'd like to find plans for an authentic longboat. I'm in the planning stages of building a boat, and would love to find plans for something like this:

This one has obviously seen its better days, but she's still a beauty none the less.  :)  <_<

Captain Midnight,

You can find Chapman's plans for longboats online (I beleive there are 3 different plans) Here is the link....

Complete list of Chapman's Ship Plans

The longboats are on Plate 48.

Chapman's plans are slightly post GAoP period (I think 1760's-ish), but seriously, but 30 or 40 years off is not bad.... Of course to use those plans one would need to know how to construct boats/ships from those types of plans.... Which is do-able (or so I think/guess), it would just require a lot of research and probably a fair amount of experience/technical aptitude...

Michael_banner.jpg

FOUND IT - FOUND IT!! This may help. They dont sell, but would have excellent resources.

PERIOD BOAT SUPPLIERS

If you're looking for functional classic and historical boats, we have them. With our base of operations located just ninety minutes from New York City and with resources stretching from North Carolina to New England and Canada, we've developed a network of privately owned period watercraft that can be trailered and taken just about anywhere.

Working with boats is our passion and our experience stems from Tall Ship training and open water sailing. We've worked with historical vessels on the Delaware River & Bay, Lake George, Lake Champlain, Long Island Sound, Narragansett Bay, the Potomac River, Hudson River, Virginia Beach and Cape Cod. As a Marine Coordinator we take with us all of the equipment needed to support the boats on the water and production set. The boats that we represent were either built or restored by their crews, and we bring along exemplary technical experience with every boat we use. We also have a certified rescue diver with chase boat on staff that can be made available if necessary.

The following boats are a sampling of the more than three-dozen period craft that we have in our working inventory. If you need additional photos of any of the boats shown on this list please let us know. We encourage you to discuss your project with us so that we can pair the right boats to suit your needs and historical interpretation. Our team of nautical historians and classic boat owners provides us with a unique resource pool for period boats. Chances are if we can't find what you're looking for, it's not there to be found.

That's the site I saw when I was originally looking!!!

I want one!!!!!

No! I want all of them!!!

How much??? I have a kidney I can barter!! How about a spleen?!!

Rat's needs a boat!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I'll take

the Witch of A'Burg, the Little Key and Jolly Boat 1 in that order