Pirate Wench

Lady Alyx

Depends on the situation. However, my wardrobe consists of:

Five pair pants (all long, silk, linen, etc.)

Six shirts

Four skirts (working on number five)

Three vests (working on number four and five)

Some assorted bodices for fairegoing - five or six. I'm working on a set of stays.

One justacorps

Two belts

Three Howard Pyle-inspired sashes

One pair boots

One pair shoes (looking to replace the buckles)

One pair knit socks

Two tricorns

Four or five waist cinchers (when the really Hollywood look is required)

I'm sure there's more but I can't recall right now.

RHJMap.jpg

Ah, several items in the closet at this moment, but I guess you are looking for an individuals ideal costume?

It would be: justaucorps, waistcoat, corset, plain linen shirt, trewes, my LOVELY boots, belts, lace handkerchief, and assorted baubles. Layers, essentially.

Much as I love fancy dress, skirts and corsets, they can get too warm and difficult to get around in. So, lovely fabrics, in a practical (piratical?)form.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Nice dress..... but the corsett is way too tight..... her eyes be poping out..... :P

An' I don't wanna be th' one wot has ter pick 'em off th' floor .... licks them off an' put them back inter her eyesockets........

(ain't ye so glad vallentines day be all over..... such a smoothtoungued talken' devil as I be shouldn't be let loose on th' world....) B)

I don't have Official Pyratically Correct garb, but I'm quite good at alterin' anything I can find that has potential.

I go my own way in a piratical fashion.

Thankfully I'm skilled with sewing machine, fabrics, trims..

soldering torch, sterling silver, rotary tool, hammer, engraver...so I have a fair amount of my own piratical jewelry, too.

Miss-quoting PirateSSe....

Thankfully I'm skilled with sewing machine, ...soldering torch, ... rotary tool, hammer, engraver...

Aaargh... yer just playing hard to get..... B)

I'm just thinking wot kinda garb ye could make with alla those skills.... and me mind just goes "all a flutter"..........

And ye had ter be married.... Rats......

Ok seriously (well as serious as I get....) isn't it interesting all the skills we do learn to make Pyrate stuff..... heck .. I can do embordery and have learned how to knit.... I know leather work... sewing.... metal work... horn.... awh you get the idea.... so we don't just learn about Pyracy... but other skills as well......

right now

underdress, kirtle and cloak,

working on petticoats, chemises and shirts, stays, trying to figure hand knit stockings and few hats. All in good time

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

I call this my Sweetheart Amanda outfit (sort of a Mae West) that I did for a costume contest at a Sci-fi con. I won first place for the Journeyman catagory.

I also won the Workmanship award for the beadwork I did (hearts).

This was years ago...

SweetheartAmanda2.jpg

SweetheartAmanda.jpg

My word, Rue! That oufit ROCKS!!! :lol:

Sometimes I really wish I could do costume contests...

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Miss-quoting PirateSSe....
Thankfully I'm skilled with sewing machine, ...soldering torch, ... rotary tool, hammer, engraver...

Aaargh... yer just playing hard to get..... :lol:

I'm just thinking wot kinda garb ye could make with alla those skills.... and me mind just goes "all a flutter"..........

And ye had ter be married.... Rats......

Ok seriously (well as serious as I get....) isn't it interesting all the skills we do learn to make Pyrate stuff..... heck .. I can do embordery and have learned how to knit.... I know leather work... sewing.... metal work... horn.... awh you get the idea.... so we don't just learn about Pyracy... but other skills as well......

Oh, forgot to mention, have done leather work too...

Yes, I've made a lot of things you "don't go out in"... :lol:

I kit when I have to be in male kit is slops, shirt, hose, garters, shoes, simple belt, sword, leather thong, tricorn

When I am in "port" I have several that I go between, from 17th century gown, wool petticoats, shift, jumps, stays, cap, apron, belt with knife, pockets, proper undergarments, shoes, hose, and garters.

Right now I have:

2 skirts

1 chemise

1 shirt

1 pair of bloomers

2 bodices

striped socks a plenty

and my lovely befeathered hat

I'm working on

4 more skirst (I love that they're so simple to make)

2 more bodices

1 partlett/shirt

1 pair of slops

1 justacorps (which will probably be the death knell for my current sewing machine)

My word, Rue! That oufit ROCKS!!! :lol:

Sometimes I really wish I could do costume contests...

Why can't you Kass? If it isn't an issue of time you could use a pseudonym. I use one in my singing. My very German last name does not fit well with Irish Traditional Music. Your historically correct name would not work with some fantasy costume but why not have the fun anyway?

Hmm... well, a couple that folks have seen already. But actual piratical attire:

Black outfit - black cotton ruffled shirt, black paisley cotton waistcoat w/ black braided trim & silver buttons, black cotton pantaloons (think Barbossa's pants), black ribbed cotton coat with blue/silver/gold/black lacing trim and silver buttons, black stockings, black Barbossa style hat, either black shoes or cavalry boots, black satin ribbon for the hair... and a wide range of jewelry to adorn the outfit with. Oh, and m' Potter Rev War sword and pistol (which now I have 2 of them, one that works, one that doesn't), and my fav knife with wording on one side of it that says when translated "With this knife I bring dead". A couple coin bags/purses... black belt, black satin sash and blue satin sash.

As a Lady, I've the gold gown (kinda an Elizabeth Swann knock off).

Working on a new pirate outfit. Hoping to have it finished in time for Port Washington. Hehehe, can't really give details cause, well... it's still in the works. Maybe 2 if I have the time to work on both of them.

I've about 3 pirate outfits I want to do eventually. .... Eventually.

Most everything else I have is for Rev War. I usually don't wear skirts/petticoats or dresses/gowns as a pirate.

~Lady B

:blink:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!