Pirates Magazine Issue 3

kerrystagmer

• 2 weeks later...

HUZZAH

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

If you were familiar with www.hotpiratebabes.com you would already know the cover they used.

Pirates Magazine issue 3 was a total waste of ink. Got mine in the mail yesterday. Waste of ink I say again.

If I wanted to be assailed with more PotC pictures I would check out fanboy/girl sites.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

If you were familiar with www.hotpiratebabes.com you would already know the cover they used.

Pirates Magazine issue 3 was a total waste of ink.  Got mine in the mail yesterday.  Waste of ink I say again.

If I wanted to be assailed with more PotC pictures I would check out fanboy/girl sites.

are you sure you even looked at the magazine at all? I just glance in the copy I have and only see 2 pages of the entire magazine that deal with related issues to POTC .

Page 28 uses the Davy Jones pic from the movie, page 29 has a couple of references to how disney portrated Jones before going of in a completely different direction.

There is not a single other picture in the entire magazine or even obvious reference to the movie at all.

Thats ONE picture in 88 pages plus 4 cover sides.

I'm sure that Tiger Lee and Mr. Cousteau are glad to know you think they are a waste of ink.

Since you didnt actually know anything about the content of the magazine, did you really even see a copy?

If you were familiar with www.hotpiratebabes.com you would most likely have known that the cover related to the content.

At least when I posted I admited I had not seen it....

I enjoyed the 2nd issue and piticularly the bio on Artist Don Maitz..

I'll get the third copy anyway.....

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

While some may feel the magazine be a "waste o ink" there be others that feel that it is enjoyable. If the purpose was to be striclty historical or stictly pop culture then perhaps depending on one view o the other may well be. from ta first twa issues seems to be some where in b'twist the two.

SO HATS OFF TO THE THIRD INSTALLMENT O PIRATES MAGAIZNE fer those that be enjoying it for whatever reasons

and to each thier own opinion be

As the publisher of a competing periodical I have to admit enjoying the issues of Pirates Magazine as well. . . and I subscribe to No Quarter Given. . . and Wooden Boats. . . and Attitudes and Lattitudes (I don't even own a boat. . . .yet).

Everyone loves various magazines for various personal reasons and to try and please "everyone" with every issue is not just impossible but. . .uh. . .um. . . impossible -infinity.

Anyway. . . I've not seen Issue 3 of PM but looking forward to getting my hands on it to read.

Just my opinion, mind ye.

l_818dd8e02d028d31c6510351239e0558.jpg

Don't mean to rain on anyones parade, but why is there a belly dancer in a fantasy quasi-cabaret costume on the cover of a magazine 'bout the sweet trade? It's a decent photo of an attractive woman but I'm missing the connection with pyracy :D

-CS

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

And insult to injury she probably isn't even a real belly dancer, just a model dressed up as one.

But, I do know that I'm not the only belly dancing pirate out there. So maybe they are trying to appeal to a very very small subset of a small niche genre.

And insult to injury she probably isn't even a real belly dancer, just a model dressed up as one.

As expensive as those costumes are, she's probably a dancer :D

If she were just a model they probably could have found a tricorn or some mouse ears for her. What I don't get is that the wench photographs well and would make a lovely little pyrate if she were dressed properly, or inproperly in a sea-doxie sort of way.

~CS

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

I've give my opinion if I had a copy of issue 3. Since I don't, all I can really say is, if it is similar to issues 1 and 2, it's not my cup of tea. Of course, this should come as no surprise, since I'm not part of their target audience.

:D

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

People who are into the hollywood version of pirates. I figure from the cover it is very plain. And people who are pirate neophytes. And those who are into the renn scene and are tired of fairies and such.

I am obviously not part of their target audience.

Pardon the pun, but I don't have issues with that. They do what they do, that is, give the renn crowd a glitzy mag that caters to their needs. I do what I do, that is, give away stuff I find cool to people who also think it is cool, and who give cool stuff away to others in return.

My Home on the Web

Blackjohn, yer male, an ye like pirates; theoretically yer very much in their target audience. The fact that ye read, or at least viewed issues 1 & 2, is a plus on their side.

Blackjohn, do ye realize ye used the word 'cool' three times in one sentence! I do believe yer a closet hippie! Welcome, t' the club mate.

You think so? I figured I was the antithesis of their target audience. I guess I could be wrong. Do their hot pirate chicks ever get naked?

:rolleyes:

As for cool... Cool! I didn't realize that! As for hippies... well... uhhh... cool!

;)

(Blackjohn, not a hippie, but very much influenced by them, and thinks the long-haired hippie chick look was the best look of the second half of the 20thC.)

My Home on the Web

You think so?  I figured I was the antithesis of their target audience.  I guess I could be wrong.  Do their hot pirate chicks ever get naked?

Blackjohn, I believe we both hav small children an wives, so I'm afraid we'll hav t' leave the hot naked pirate chicks thing, alone. (But I've been told by Mad Jack, that they do get naked!)

I always figured Jack had a secret stash of hot pirate chick mags!!!  Jack... you dog you!

Blackjohn yer a funny pirate! Yer feelin' the magazine? Maybe we should revisit that hot naked pirate chick thing!

Mad Jack, if yer listenin'... Ye can't leave, who will we hav t' blame things on, if ye do?

tis up to the magazine to decide who thier target audience be, in any ye will have those tha tlike or dislike something. to each thier own.

dont knock the feel of anything til ye stop to enjoy or at least try it:)