Florida Storms....

Iron Bess

Here on the West Coast they are saying up to 14 were killed in the FL Storms this morning....

Lets hear from our mates in that location please.... :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I heard it was pretty nasty just a little further north of where I am (Orlando). I called up a few friends who weren't far from where the tornados and more turbulent weather hit. Thank goodness they're alright.

Most of the storms started passing through around 2 or 3am, with the worst of it coming through between 5 and 6:30.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Further South: The storms passed through south of Tampa Bay fairly quickly, between 7 and 8:30 AM. High winds and locally heavy rain, much lightning. No major damage to report.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

It certainly had its moments of excitement in Altamonte Springs. A potential was running right for our abode along 436 and then disappeared. But we were all set up and ready to take shelter in our place.

First time I've had to deal with a Warning here. But no biggy. The big hit was 20 miles north...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Tornados of any size, let alone that size, are very rare here. Usually they are F0 or F1 max. I'm mostly amazed that the death toll was so low, given the swath of destruction. As I said, I'll take a hurricane any time - at least I know my house and its capabilities. Not even a million dollar stick built can survive a direct hit from a twister.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I feel for these people. Like earthquakes theres just so little warning. Sad as the toll is, I hope that's all.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...