Smoking Pyrates

Patrick Hand

OK... if you smoke you already know it ain't good for you...... but... hey... I still smoke....

Who else...

Tyme fer us Bad politically incorrect icky lunged Pyrats to say who we are....

Non smokers... WE DON'T WANNA HEAR ANYTHING YOU MAY HAVE TO SAY.... just stay outta this thread.... we all have heard it enough already... so there ain't nothing you can say again....

Sorry if that sounded harsh... but I get tired of non-smokers telling me something I already know.......

OK... non-smokers can post... just don't preach to us......

Awwwwww, Patrick. We still luv ya, even though yous are bad, politically incorrect, icky, lunged Pyrats.

Actually, I met Patrick and I thinks he are a pretty good, politically incorrect, icky, lunged Pyrat! :P :) ;)

True confessions ...I use to social smoke. Get a few drinks in me and I'd light up with the stinkiest of them! Then my friends who did smoke didn't feel like letting me bum cigarettes any longer so I'd buy a pack and smoke 3. By the next time I went out the pack would be stale. Thus ended my smoking habit. :blink:

Dang... I just bought a pack o' smokes as Silkie and I went to the Fort at PiP.... sitting around that night (talking) ... drat smoked the entire pack.... Don't know why I smoked more hevly at PiP than normaly... just happened.....

But I try my damndest to be polite about where I "breath" my smoke.....

Silkie is a non-smoker... didn't want to offend her... but I'm still going to smoke.......

yep also politically incorrect only smoke cigars an a pipe which really insults many folks fyne sensibilites, although i do normally ask if it will bother anyone if in public....well used to anyway

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

No offense Patrick. We were usually in open air and I don't recall any nasty clouds floating my way so it either didn't happen or I enjoyed it and decided to block THAT memory from my mind! :lol:

Actually Patrick, if that bottle of rhum we shared that first evening had been larger I would have probably asked for a smoke or two. :huh:

Mmmmmmm, love the smell of a nice pipe tobacco. Never tried to smoke one. I do like a good cigar.

Actually, I prefer the smell of pipe weed to any other tobacco.... I could just sit there all day in the same room as a pipe smoker...

I smoked for about 15 years (on and off, but more on then off)... and damn it I miss it... Mind you I miss it less now that I live in the US than I did when I lived in Canada. No offence meant, but US cigarettes just don't smell or taste as appealing as Canadian ones do... And just about every American I have met (that smokes) says the opposite... I guess it's a situation as to what your used to. :lol:

I still light up occassionally after a few drinks though, because Dennis Leary said it best when he said that "nothing goes better with a beer, than a cigarette"... or something like that.

Michael_banner.jpg

I smoke occasionally. Pipe and cigars with a rare cigarette. Mostly cigars. Something about the costs associated with burning a $10 bill each time I light up keeps the cigar smoking limited.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I guess my membership the The Pipe Guys Yahoo! group, as well as Pipes.org lumps me into this thread.

I just luvs it when a sweet young thing tells me my pipe smoke reminds her of her grandfather's (well, you just come and sit on grandpa's knee... :lol: )

Better still when they wants to try a pull on me pipe!

Never had nuthin' but compliments on the sweet smoke of me pipe-weed!

I quit smoking two weeks ago today. Not so much because they're bad for me, but because Texas just added another dollar a pack tax, and frankly, I think I can come up with something better to do with the money.

In fact, I'm setting aside the amount of money I would've spent on cigs, and in a couple of months, going shopping for a pistol. Yes, I'm bribing myself.

Right now, being around other smokers only really makes me want one, I certainly don't want to preach to those that smoke. The closest thing I've come to that, so far, is occaisionally really complaining that I can't have one...

sig2.jpg

I smoke cigarettes and cigars (which I think are much better tasting than cigs). I haven't tried a pipe yet but I did get a clay pipe and tobacco for Christmas. Here's a silly question. Did females smoke pipes in the GAoP?

The way I see it, it's my choice to smoke. I know the risk but I could get hit by a bus tomorrow or live to 81 (and going strong) like my father who has smoked more than a pack a day for the past 60 years. Who wants to be 6 feet under with pink lungs anyway. I've never been to big on political correctness either. :lol:

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

I LOVE the cigars dipped in Cognac, Rum, and so-forth. Never enhale but savor the taste.

OH YES YES YES!!! Bring on the Remmy an the Grand Marnier.

Don't smoke em..I WILL drink tho!

I've been in th company o gents who enjoy their Cigars n Brandy/Cognac an I must say they are always fun!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Sometime theres just something about the scent of coffee and tobacco on a man...vision blurs.................

I don't keep the company of men who drink "Freshly paved highway " brand.... <_<

But I know what ye mean B)

no no no, coffee and tobacco are competing odors. What ye need is tobacco and something sweet like rum. Now there's a smell on a man ta make a gerl weak.

I haven't smelled a pipe in too long.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

I quit 2 1/2 years ago after a 28 year habit.

I love to smoke., no-one ever held a gun to my head to burn tobacco.

But I am now done...,forever in favor of Scuba diving.

Having said that I could never condemn or bitch at anyone to stop.

I simply did it because...., People were getting cut from 60 minutes to 40 on their dives because yours truly ran out of air.

Now after 2 years I am getting 55 minutes out of an 80 lb tank instead of 40 ., and SCUBA is UNREAL .

I bring home Marlboro's for my smoking friends and pass a pack or two out to them here and there as a gift for those who enjoy. I pay 180P (Philippine Pisos) = $ 3.50 per carton., Customs allows me 7 cartons. So I get 70 packs for $35.00 U.S.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"