Blackpowder help needed

TheBlackFox

Hello mates,

We're finishing a story on Blackpowder and how it relates to piracy and how it was used. I also wanted to write up a sidebar on where pirates could go these days to learn about blackpowder weapons and how to fire them.

It will pretty much be a laundry list of contact information. I've gotten info from the NRA, so that's taken care of. . . but are there other "academies of blackpowder" out there?

Any help would be appreciated.

There are a few. National Muzzleloading Rifle Association is the black powder equivalent of the NRA. Most re-enactment societies hold a school of the soldier early in the season to get people back up to speed, the details would depend on the time period and the location. I've done more blackpowder demos and classes than I can remember, Cascabel also. If you get the chance, the National Parks Service also runs classes for it's interpreters that are sometimes open to the public.

What are you looking for- small arms or artillery?

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

There are several businesses that may be of help. Try Dixie Gunworks in Union City TN. They have a website http://www.dixiegun.com/ They have been in the business since the late 1950s.

Some of the best books on black powder shooting are by Sam Fadala. Most of his books are available from DGW.

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

• 2 weeks later...