Mundane Update

Today is day 6, post-op for me. Put the crutches away on Saturday and been doing fine without them. So far today, I've not had to have any pain meds and knee is looking more "normal." I've two incisions, each about 1/4 inch in length and with 2 sutures in them. Still have a bit of a listing to port limp but, it is fading as the days pass. Due to the cartilage (meniscus) being folded double onto itself, doc had to take out more cartilage than he originally planned. That hasn't seemed to be a bother to the knee so far.

Best thing is, I can bend my knee and stand on m' leg without it giving out or popping like a handgun and leaving me lying on the floor! :lol:

I go back to see the doc on the 2nd (I'm guessing that's when they'll pull the stiches out). And if things look alright then, I can start more aggressive physical therapy to get everything tightened up and up to speed.

Thank you all for your support and good wishes through out this ordeal - I don't think I would have done quite so well without the strength you each have lent to me. I am in your debt.

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

• 2 weeks later...

good luck luv, and I'll be seeing an ortho surgeon on the 25th for mine.. he said it felt weird and icky... I swear ta god. :lol:

He thinks my bursis is folded or at least moved so that there is a ripple in my knee. No big pain, but every so often, it feels like knives. So on ward and upward!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

glad to see you're doing so much better. hope the therapy isn't too painful. good luck!

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire