Bucket Boots No More

Mick MacAnselan

Mick, just seeing those shoes was like a Christmas present to me! How bloody cool is that!

Congratulations, man. I hope you wear them in good health.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Welcome to the dark side Mick!

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Dude!

I like how the tops of the tongues are "scalloped" (is that the right word?)

I don't think mine are like that... which is a shame. Cool though.

It might be time for me to get another pair! I hate to be out "shoe'd"

B)

Greg aka GoF

PS... I swiping the jpg for my website... ok?

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Fabulous shoes Mr. MacAnselan! Quick, don't let my buckles see, they'll get jealous and start insisting on scalloped tongue shoes too.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Very sweet, indeed!

I just looked and almost choked when I see the U.S. price is almost $300.

It's definitely something to save up for. Any problems getting them to make the latches 3/4"?

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Thanks Everyone. I've had the shoes for a few months and I'm really jazzed now that GoF's buckles arrived.

GoF: Feel free to pilfer the .jpg.

Matt: There was no problem getting the Garlicks to do 3/4" latches. They asked me "are you sure?" once or twice, but they were more than willing, and didn't charge extra for it. I had been talking with a different well known maker, who was going to charge extra for 3/4" latches, and with a no return policy (even if they screwed up something other than the latches) due to the custom job. With the upcharge, they would have been about the same price as the Garlick's, and from the pics I've seen, wouldn't have been as nice.

The Dread Pyrate MacAnselan

aka Mick

I have been talking with K Garlick via e-mail (and when I see him at TORM) and he seems jazzed to do pirate shoes. I think he is even working on a prototype for an Upper-class shoe.

A lot of shoe makers are hesitant to make a latch smaller than 1".

For most, they either do later shoes that have larger latches... or earlier shoes that are not the same, so they get kind of "perplexed" when asked.

That, and there really haven't been a lot of folks asking for a shoe for this time frame.

In the UK, its the ECW, and in the States its F&I and not a lot in between.

And lastly, nobody has buckles for that size latch... until NOW!

Now, lets see a picture of you wearing the shoes Mick!

Greg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Aye!

Let's see you sportin' these GAoP kickers!!!

I'm also interested to see the prototypes once finished!

Sure I'm wearing a pair of fungi's? (yeah you know who I'm talking about) But if there is a "correct" version being offered....

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!