PiP 2007

capt. hellraiser

There is a hostel in Key West, otherwise several budget hotels. We've stayed at the Southermost in year's past - the older part of the hotel is $109 a night usually - very reasonable for where you are. It's at the far end of Duval and a great stagger home after doing The Crawl.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I've got to find out if any of my crew will go with me and what they want to do, but for arguement's sake how do I get a spot in the fort?

Well, for arguement's sake, we would love to see you and your crew in the fort. We are strongly encouraging everyone to bring period kit for a 1720 or a bucaneer encampment, but you may bring clothing appropriate from 1675 - 1725.

If you wish to do modern camping, there will be a place provided.

Still, we would love to see you and your group come as pirates. The encampment atmosphere is not to be missed, so please follow the threads in this forum to see what you may need. Camping in the fort is free, after the costumes and tent of course.

Do you have a large crew?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Ahoy!

I and my crewe will be handling the buccaneer encampment, circa 1680, Port Royal, Jamaica. PM me for specs on what our crewe will be doing. We don't want to gum up either the 1720 careening gang's forum area with buccaneer planning.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

how do I get a spot in the fort?

Right now, there are two different encampment planed inside the fort... But if you want to set-up your own... then you'd have to check with Harry... (see the other threads )

hurricane and his group is setting up a Buccaneer camp

William Red Wake is the Quartermaster for the 1720 Careening Camp..Creating the 1720 Careening Camp

Both can be found in this section of the pub....

I'm not trying to be "pushy".... but I would suggest that you might be better off joining one of the two camp already established.... Heck... why have five different Pyrate camps..... when two really good ones works better.....

• 3 weeks later...

The Bone Island Buccaneers is a local pirate re-enactors group in Key West. Spike, Nigel Beau Dobbs, Jai, Dagger Dan are all members with new members joining this year. We have participated in the past and will be there again for the PiP in 2007 . We hope to help build a larger local presence and help in the pre-event advertisement. Also, some have spoke about visiting local schools, library, etc. Please let me know if we can assist in any way possible.

FYI... The Bone Island Bucaneers are the local committee that's helping organize the event on this end.

We held a meeting last week, set some parameters of where we want to go, and will meet each month (and weekly as the event nears) to make sure the event is on track.

BIC will be securing sponsors for the event to help with costs and doing a lot of the necessary "scut work" to make the event happen.

Harry

Fort Taylor.org

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

Huzzah the Bone Island Buccaneers! Met most of you last year (last year? It was only six weeks ago!) Good of you to sign aboard.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

The Bone Island Buccaneers is a local pirate re-enactors group in Key West. Spike, Nigel Beau Dobbs, Jai, Dagger Dan are all members with new members joining this year. We have participated in the past and will be there again for the PiP in 2007 . We hope to help build a larger local presence and help in the pre-event advertisement. Also, some have spoke about visiting local schools, library, etc. Please let me know if we can assist in any way possible.

Ahoy Spike!

Diosa here (or the Mary Read you were taunting in the streets if that better hits your memory)

My crewe were the ones who wanted to do the shcool or library events. We have done fully costumes library reading days in the past before PIP we've also done school visits. We just need a contact down there who can find out who would like us and when. We're even up for performing for a retirement home and doing a little music and merriment there as well. If you know of places who need us, let me know. You can write back here, PM me, or e-mail me at diosa@piratesofthecoast.com

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com