Cotton Velveteen/Velvet

Greetings,

Any of you know where I might find cotton velveteen/velvet in lots of colors? And I'm talking some off the wall kind of colors - been able to locate more "standard" colors such as red, blue, hunter green, purple and brown. Needing assistance finding light greens (jade, seafoam), burgandy, a light orange, and a warm amber/topaz color.

I'm trying to avoid having to buy up yards of white velvet/velveteen and having to then figure out how to dye it and get it all to turn out even (we're talking dying about 10yards of each color).

Any leads or information would be greatly appreciated.

Have a grand one

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Emerald,

These people have loads of Velveteen in lots of colours.

Distinctive Fabrics

If I remember correctly, I ordered swatches from them some years ago and the swatches were like 6" squares and you could really get a feel of the fabric.

There's also good old Fabric.com

and

Denver Fabrics

I hope you find what you're looking for!

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Thank you so much Kass for that link!

It's darn hard to find any kind of cotton velveteen and such at Jo-Ann's here in the San Diego area- or at any other fabric store here for that matter.

I like the color offerings in the 'wave' type velveteen, but I don't like the wave and it's not 'period' either.

That I will Kass and even though it will take a while to get this project done for the entire troupe - once the outfits are completed, I will post pictures of us in our "courtly duds."

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com