Pirates of the Plain

I think there was another thread about this movie not very long ago.

The movie is very much a kid's adventure tale, along the lines of "Flight of the Navigator."

My own summary: By some magical time warp fluke, a pirate is whisked to modern-day middle of nowhere, where he befriends a boy who is well known locally forhis over-active imagination. No one believes anything the boy says, but we are sure the pirate will somehow help the boy's mother's financial difficulties and save the family farm. A great family movie.

If you have Comcast On Demand, the movie is hidden in there somewhere as a freebee. It might be under the Hallmark, or Indie listings ... or somewhere. All I recall is it was not under "All Movies" -- you have to search arounbd for it.

Totally excellent way to spend a couple hours, IMHO. Hilarious (if often predictable) gags of an 18th-century greedy pirate confused by seeming abundant 20th-century wealth. When he bites into the "gold" coin to test if it's real gold, but has never tasted sweet chocolate ... this is priceless pirate comedy stuff.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg