Doglock Musketoon

Rats

Well after running the gambit of pistol or longarm, then musket vs. blunderbuss. 'ol Rats is placing an order for a doglock musketoon. B)

I'm told it's about 10 inches shorter then the musket and if requested I can get the brass fittings, which is apparently quite common for nautical issue. B)

I'm told they should have it to me before I leave for the Lockhouse, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm also told the flashhole is already drilled, which will save the hassel and $.

Just thought I'd pound me chest B)

Rats!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Looking forward to the photos. Congratulations Rats., You wont regret it., theres something about a rock scraping sparking steel that you just cant get in a modern cartridge., Good show man !

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

That would also be a Loyalist musketoon! B)

Here I thought they only had muskets, that is until I asked... :)

As you mentioned in your review (Patrick) I also asked to have the darkest one they had available prep'd for me.

Can't wait to see what she looks like!!

Rats!

sig2.jpg

I like the length of the musket.... going to be a bit of a hasstle gitting to PiP tho......

Anyway... I kinda view most reproduction guns as assembled parts..... Part of the fun for me is to modify them and make something that is all my own.... Thats why I will re-finish it this Winter.... I'm also thinking of compleatly changing the butt-plate....

I think that even if I had know that Loyalist had musketoons, I still would have gotten the longer musket.... but that's me.... Hey... I'm tall... so the length "fits" me nicely .... but I can see some advantages to a shorter musketoon........

I agree! :)

But as long as she works, :ph34r: is "correct" and looks good.... I won't complain! :)

Are you going to make it to the lock house??

Rats

sig2.jpg

I kinda view most reproduction guns as assembled parts..... Part of the fun for me is to modify them and make something that is all my own.... Thats why I will re-finish it this Winter.... I'm also thinking of compleatly changing the butt-plate....

Exactly - got any photos of completed conversions you can share as inspiration for the rest of us?

Dances for nickels.

Just got word it should be here in 6-7 days!

However, they mentioned it would be shipped in two pieces.

Quote:

We shipped today via express post insured 2 packages. The lock is in one package and the stock/barrel in the other package.

You should receive both packages within 6-7 business days, but you may not receive both packages the same day. :huh:

Does this seem odd? :huh:

Don't they usually send their firearms complete? :huh:

I mean I'm no gunsmith, but that's usually why you buy the pieces complete??? :huh:

Any comments or advice??? :huh:

Rats

sig2.jpg

Don't worry..... the barrel and stock come in a carefully wraped packadge, and the lock in another..... All you have to do is screw the lock on to the stock..... then it is compleate.........

It might have something to do with it Not being a gun untill you put it together...... :huh:

Oh yah..... have a container for all the styrofoam packing........

Good deal! :huh:

So it's common for them to send it like that?? Not a prob! :huh:

I suppose it's easy to swap other locks or replace a broken one???

Rats!

sig2.jpg