Lifesized Jack Sparrow

hurricane

Ahoy all!

My client is the exclusive distributor of items surplused from the Florida parks. He has a really sweet item up for auction. Authentic right down to the tattoo on his arm and key to the chest around his neck (can't be too far wrong - Disney made it)

Check it out -- free shipping!

jack1.jpg

MouseSurplus Auction

Pool your crewe money and buy a new crewe member! That's what our crewe is proposing...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Ahoy all!

My client is the exclusive distributor of items surplused from the Florida parks. He has a really sweet item up for auction. Authentic right down to the tattoo on his arm and key to the chest around his neck (can't be too far wrong - Disney made it)

Check it out -- free shipping!

jack1.jpg

MouseSurplus Auction

Pool your crewe money and buy a new crewe member! That's what our crewe is proposing...

-- Hurricane

That is pretty impressive... If I only had that much booty in the old chest, I would place a bid myself. Would love to have old Jack hanging out, would mean I would never have to drink alone. :)

:huh:

the bead strands ain't accurate.......

from an imagineer, I would expect better.......

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

that thing needs a LOT of work, and for $7800 :lol: I'd expect it to be right in every way.....

the beads aren't right, the hat's too big, the coins are all wrong, the face doesn't look a thing like Depp, the tattoo looks like a seven year old did it, the compass looks like a toy, the boots are too small, and it doesn't even come with the frock coat........

from a guy who worked for Disney, I'd expect better quality than this...... :lol:

Toby Markham (www.sithcamaro.com) has a 100% authentic outfit (everything was measured from screen-used items, or screen-cast), and recently sold an identical one for about 3 grand.........

and he doesn't even WORK for Disney (I don't think)....and managed to get it right.......

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

I would have prefered a sly smile to the phony stony look.

And I'm bettin' it ain't anatomically correct either! :lol:

Hey, Rumba:

We could always put some pirate clothes on this inflatable guy:

[image censored. Yikes, ye pirates be such prudes!]

And apparently his bits even vibrate!

Hmmm... inflatable ... maybe once we've got the hat, the dreadlocks, and the beard in place, we should just take him over to the HOT TUB.

Cheers, Cap'n Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Inflatable pirates belongs in the "Way to a Pirate's Heart" section, lassie. :lol:

Well, technically, he is for sale ... which would make him Plunder.

But... I did banish him to the hot tub, which is located in "The Way to a Pyrate's Heart"... however, he didn't really survive the frantic festivities over there. He wound up punctured and deflated and rather pathetic looking once the wild young things got through with him.

Now, I think the sailmaker's trying to recycle him into a rubber dingy -- complete with mast.

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I got to see him yesterday in person. The photos totally don't do it justice. In three dimensions it is spectacular. The beads may not be exactly correct, but the material used ont the coat is - seen only one or two jacks that know the source of that material. Plus, of course, the price range is geared to the serious Disneyana collector, not the casual pirate oficianado. It's way out of my league as well - rumor has it other characters are coming along as well...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

I agree that there are far too many inaccuracies to make it worth even half the price.

The hat looks like the Halloween versions out there for 25 bucks. The compass does look like the toys they are selling for 24.95 on ebay.

And Jack's waistcot is NOT corduroy. B)

Collectors will buy it just because it says an Imagineer made it.

Kind of scary.

I agree that there are far too many inaccuracies to make it worth even half the price.

The hat looks like the Halloween versions out there for 25 bucks. The compass does look like the toys they are selling for 24.95 on ebay.

And Jack's waistcot is NOT corduroy. :huh:

Collectors will buy it just because it says an Imagineer made it.

Kind of scary.

The waistcoat isn't corduroy. It's a twill. As I said, I saw it in person. This is an original piece from the folks at Disney, Florida. This is a great collector's piece of Disneyana - much like the doors that they sold from the ride some time ago. It's theme park used - hence, the value. If you're a Disney collector, it is priceless. No one said it was an exact reproduction. It is, however, from the Imagineers and is one of a kind.

For those of you not in the know, MouseSurplus is the exclusive reseller of surplused park properties. If you visited their warehouse (freakin' huge) you'd see original ride cars, furniture from the resorts, games and some even more amazing things. For example, they have Herman Munster's coffin dragster, the bus from Speed, Healther Graham in suspended animation from Lost In Space and lots of great collectibles.

By the way, the hat is very nice and exact. In fact, the coat came from the same guy who sells them on ebay, using the original material. His ebay seller name is Acme, I believe.

I for one have an amazing array of great things from MouseSurplus - barrels from Tom Sawyer Island, two of the swords used in PotC I (and yes, they are the real deal), a Pecos Bill table and chair set, a complete bedroom set (Drexel, no less) from the Polynesian Resort - the list could go on.

I wouldn't bother posting except I think you're trying to insinuate that MouseSurplus isn't on the up and up as far as offering collectibles. Let me assure you, they get all the best stuff from all the DisneyWorld parks and resorts.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Uh, that's the funniest twill I've ever seen.

If you look at the large close up on the page you can clearly see the material.

large close up

The hat is no where even close to accurate. And there is no coat in any of the images.

I'm beginning to think that what you saw and what we are looking at are two totally different things.

For $300 I could get six hookers and dress them any way I want. A far better value for the bargain hunter.

- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

HEHE! For that many dubloons you could hire an impersonator for a good many hours and not worry about getting splinters :(

I only charge 300 an hour and the rate drops for multiple hours... and the costume and gear are much more accurate. :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, I think your wifey might have a problem with that.... :o