Tom Sawyer Island to go POTC?

Barbados Sam

On Halloween back in 2004, I don't know how, but there were a lot of adults in costume. This was in Disneyland, not DCA. I saw a lot of adults running around, getting on rides and they were wearing Halloween costumes. I thought you couldn't get into the park with a costume on? Not sure how so many did on that day.

Unless it was okay to do that back then and now the rules have changed in just the past 2 years? I guess I'll never be able to go there in my Alice in Wonderland costume.....that is unless I work there-lol! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Do ye think they'll let us on the island in our garb?

YAH.... WE CAN ALL GO AND TAKE IT OVER LIKE THE HIPPYS' DID BACK IN THE 70'S !!!!!!

OK..... I calmed down a little...... so I can stop yelling now.... :lol:

Eeeergh... I Was just joking about taking over the island..... Wouldn't want to get black listed from ever going to Disneyland again...... :huh:

On Halloween back in 2004, I don't know how, but there were a lot of adults in costume. This was in Disneyland, not DCA. I saw a lot of adults running around, getting on rides and they were wearing Halloween costumes. I thought you couldn't get into the park with a costume on? Not sure how so many did on that day.

Unless it was okay to do that back then and now the rules have changed in just the past 2 years? I guess I'll never be able to go there in my Alice in Wonderland costume.....that is unless I work there-lol! :huh:

Disneyland tried a one time deal where they wanted to be like other parks and do the Hallowween gig thing.

It was a disaster so no more costumes allowed.

Now they just re-do the Mansion, spruce up the rest of the Park and call it *Treats*. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I think you all need a road trip to the Magic Kingdom at WDW. There's a whole month and a half of Mickey's Not So Scary evenings - everyone goes in costumes. We went again as pirates and got some really great shots in the entryways of the POTC ride. Love going there in costume. I didn't know they didn't do that over in California. So sad!

They'll let you in as Alice here. There were plenty of well done Disney characters in the park (who didn't work there).

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Oh, yeah, we have Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party here too, it's in California Adventure tho. You can only wear your costume there, not in Disneyland at all. And if you do dress up as a Disney character, like if I did with my Alice costume, I couldn't let people pose for pix with me. I also couldn't sign autographs. Not sure how I could avoid the picture part. Whenever I wear that costume people want to take my pic, it just happens.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ah, but it's so much more fun in the Magic Kingdom. They tried that same stuff with us - guests wanted their photos with our crewe of pirates and a security guard told us that wasn't allowed - we replied that what you're saying, "is that random guests can't get together and take photos at the Magic Kingdom." She was dumbfounded and could only quote the same thing over and over. Luckily my wife is with the media and the Media Relations folks said we could do anything we wanted to. They then went over and educated the guard lady... That alone made the evening.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com