Halloween has arrived at Disneyland!

Christine

Same on the other coast. We're off to Mickey's Not So Scary on Friday (love media credentials - thanks wifey) and then we go to the opening of the Food and Wine show at Epcot the next day. One of my favorite weekends.

Not So Scary actually started two weeks ago here. Soon it will be in June, given the popularity. Can't blame the Mouse on wanting to make some extra dough, particularly since they need to find a new name for Pluto...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

When I went last year, I was terribly disappointed in what I saw. The Haunted Mansion sucked big time. They should just leave it alone and forget the Jack Skeleton stuff- which I found boring and over-done everywhere.

Clearly I won't be going back to Dizzyland for another several years.

Thankfully, they left the Haunted Mansion at DisneyWorld alone, no Jack crap there. I wouldn't even be going to anything this year if it weren't for the media passes. Once annual resident passes went over $400, I decided to take our $800 and dole it our on other adventures in and around the state. That's just too much of a commitment.

I am looking forward to the food and wine festival. We get to go to the swanky chef's dinner event with Cirque du Soleil and food and wine stations everywhere. Love eating good food and drinking wine's that would never grace my cellar...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I definitely agree about the changing of the Haunted Mansion every October thru January. It sucks! I like Nightmare Before Christmas, but changing the Mansion to all that neon cardboard cheap crap is so old now! How many more years of this will go it on? I miss it the classic way during the autumn and winter months.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg