US UK exchange rate?

Rats

I'm looking at the blades from Armor Class

http://www.armourclass.co.uk/Data/Pages/17...17Century_8.htm

and I'm wondering if the US dollar is worth more or less than a pound??

They're asking about $110.00 for reenactor blades and $142.00 for the battleready.

What does that come to in US dollars??

Never dealt with this before!!!!

Help! I want to buy me a blade!!!

Rats!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Check out xe.com, Rats. It's got current exchange rates for all kinds of currency.

The dollar currently SUCKS against the pound. It's nearly 2 to 1, the worst in a very long time. L110 is about $210 right now.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

It's bad. But it's been bad for a couple of years now. It's not likely to change any time soon.

Of course it's bloody brilliant for business! Our stuff is really inexpensive for them right now. I get about half as many UK as US orders. :lol:

Kass--

I know with you dealing primarily with patterns, it may not be too much of a problem, but I know shipping costs could be problematic with some British business.

My in-laws live "over the pond" and insisted on taking their Caddilac -- their old, decrepit Caddilac -- with them. Us still being here often get enlisted to send parts to them, and it's not at all unusual to spend more on the shipping than the part itself...

sig2.jpg

Tell me about it ... Everytime I buy something from the old colonies I pay more for the shipping then the Item :ph34r: .... It goes both ways , but fortunate most of the time it is still cheaper to buy it in the States and getting the item sent to Denmark , then buying it over here.

By the way Rats I can only recommend armour class .... used to train with their longswords .

portroyalbannerfinalbig-1.gif

always surrounded by shadows , always in the shadow. A spectre he be !

Yeah, what I'm shipping is fairly light. And you also have to know which shipper to go with. Alot of businesses use FedEx or UPS exclusively and won't use anything else. I use the good ol' post office when I have to and will ship via "the slow boat" if the customer is really concerned about cost.

It's bad. But it's been bad for a couple of years now. It's not likely to change any time soon.

Of course it's bloody brilliant for business! Our stuff is really inexpensive for them right now. I get about half as many UK as US orders. :blink:

You're not far wrong there Kass.

It's cheaper for me to buy from Jas Townsend, Center Stage Costumes or any of the other US suppliers out there than it is to buy from UK ones at the moment - and that includes shipping!