Piratical and Nautical Catalog Covers

capnwilliam

There was once a song about "When You Get Your Picture on the Cover of the Rolling Stone" (magazine; and if you never heard the song, you haven't missed much)... but if getting yer pitcher on covers is a way of measurin' success, I believe pirates and seafarin' reenactors must be moving up in the world.

The most recent Museum Replicas catalog cover features a trio of pirates; and there's a drawing of a 3-master superimposed on an old nautical map, on the most recent Jas Townsend & Son catalog.

:ph34r:

Capt. William

:ph34r:

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

There was once a song about "When You Get Your Picture on the Cover of the Rolling Stone" (magazine; and if you never heard the song, you haven't missed much

Now capnwilliam, Dr. Hook and The Medicine Show be one o' me faves, an' Shel Silverstein be a brilliant writer. Go easy there, Mate! :ph34r:

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

• 3 weeks later...

The older I get, the better I like the lyrics of the song about "Slow down, you move too fast; got to make the morning last....I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep..."

The busier you are, the more you appreciate the sentiments!

:o

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Now capnwilliam, Dr. Hook and The Medicine Show be one o' me faves, an' Shel Silverstein be a brilliant writer.

Gee, Cap'n Coyote, again we be like minded 'ere. Scary. An' I feels right sorry fer ya, havin' strange tastes in stuff like me. Forward Into The Past.

But in keepin' wif the thread, it does amaze me, wif Christmas and Cha-nooka comin' up an all, ya'd think the Disney folks be pushin' more POTC merchandise than they 'ave. Not even a bloody calendar. Yet I see they be pushin' Brother Bear pretty strong an all.

Now I got some little bilgerats, and theys seen POTC five or six times already (more'n me) an' they'd rather see it in theaters again than go see Brother Bear. Ahhh, me boys. I be bringin' 'em up right.

Wow, a Simon and Garfunkel lyric and a Firesign Theatre quote.

You guys rock.

It seems to me that Disney is desperately pushing their animated stuff ever since Pixar cleaned up with Nemo.

I believe Iron Bess mentioned in another thread that Disney was hedging their bets on PotC. Not being sure it would be profitable, they did not stock up on merchandise.

Rumors of my death were right on the money.