Graphics Translation Assistance Needed

Silkie McDonough

I work in a business office and while at work I like to dabble in computer graphics. I was at one time a graphic designer. My home computer is still not functioning correctly so I don't have the graphics programs loaded to use.

Here is my dilemma. I have created something in PowerPoint (cringe) that I want to save as a high resolution jpg. So far it hasn't worked to my satisfaction. If I remember correctly PowerPoint (cringe) graphics can be copied and pasted into Illustrator or some other vector graphics program and saved at a higher resolution than from PowerPoint (cringe). Can anyone help me out? Is any designer willing to even open PowerPoint (cringe)? ;)

Not sure to be honest since I do not have PowerPoint in front of me I use OpenOffice's presentation software.

But you should try to see if you can "Export it as web page" or something along that line of thinking. Dunno what resolution you will get but I doubt it will be anything great. I would also try the help, search for exporting to a graphic file say, tiff or even jpeg.

Heck if you can set up a post-script printer and have it save the output to a file. open it that way in illistrator/photoshop.

I don't have the use of any graphics programs. Therein lies the problem.

I need someone to open the PowerPoint (cringe) and copy it into Illustrator (or the like) and save it out of there as a .jpg. PowerPoint (cringe) can save as a .jpg but I am unhappy with the resolution.

I know how to do it ...I don't have the software.

If you can't copy and paste then you would need a graphics package like PhotoShop because you would need to boost the graphic in PowerPoint for 300 dpi to make it high resolution. There may be something in the shareware/freeware realm that will do this translation but PhotoShop is the one that does it best.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Perhaps I have not made my request clear.

I know how to do what I want. I do not have the software functioning. I am asking that some kind soul out there let me email my 2 files to them and do it for me.

I would be ever so greatful.

Aditionally, you would save the hair on my head since PowerPoint has me pulling them out! :lol:

Yer QuarterMaster will be happy ta assist ye.... send it my way...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org