Star Wars Turns 30

Capt Grey

I've been collecting action figures for him  :lol:   so when the time comes he'll have some stuff to play with.

Hey blackjohn...if you're looking for any of the "older" new figures, LMK. I broke my collection up when they came out with a fig I couldn't get except off eBay and now they're just sitting around. (This offer excludes all droids and imperial officers, both of which I still collect from time to time. Any protocol droid is MINE. :huh:Colonel Wullf Yularen! Whoo hoo! I knew Hasbro wouldn't let me down! :huh: )

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I wasn't chosen to be in the parade (even though I tried 4 times with both good guy and bad guy costumes), but I did watch it from the stands with a group of marcher supporters. I knew most of those marching, especially the good guys - six of which are in my good guy costuming club (Rebel Legion, sister club to the 501st).

Of course everyone gets lumped into the 501st category so we're kind of used to being overlooked as a separate organization. The big point was having that many fan-made costumes on display on national television.

About 20 of the Stormtroopers were local to Southern California as were most of the "hero" characters. And then there were the unsung, real heroes of the day - all those people who showed up to help decorate the floats which must be ENTIRELY covered in plant material (flowers, seeds, bark, etc). It's a HUGE amount of work and my gratitude goes towards them for all the work they did with no public recognition.

michaelsbagley, Celebration IV is indeed at the Los Angeles Convention Center May 25-28. You can buy your badges online at GenCon

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I've been collecting action figures for him  B)   so when the time comes he'll have some stuff to play with.

Hey blackjohn...if you're looking for any of the "older" new figures, LMK. I broke my collection up when they came out with a fig I couldn't get except off eBay and now they're just sitting around. (This offer excludes all droids and imperial officers, both of which I still collect from time to time. Any protocol droid is MINE. ;)Colonel Wullf Yularen! Whoo hoo! I knew Hasbro wouldn't let me down! B) )

Sure, hit me with a pm or something and we can talk about it...

thanks!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Speaking of SW 30th anniversary stuff...

I thought these were really cool: Star Wars Figure Comic Packs.

I couldn't resist them as the first SW item I bought was Marvel Comics #4 (I was so naive that I thought the whole movie serialization would be in one comic and this was the first and only one.) The link between the figures and comics is sort of neat for me. Plus I like the groovy comic book colors they've painted the figs in. They even look like they might be new sculpts (as opposed to repainted versions of previous figures). Not sure on that one, though.

"Am I not?"

On new years, it was nice turning on the tv, and having it be on HGTV right when they were showing the band who was to play before the SW float and marchers. I flipped over to one of the main channels (ABC maybe) a little later and caught everything in action. That float was amazing! I actually got teary eyed watching it. B)

Anyone hear if Disney will be doing anything out of the ordinary for its Star Wars weekends this year at MGM Studios?

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Note: Regarding registering my license plate:

I received the official papers from Guinness World Records, filled them out, took pictures as requested and mailed it off to London, England.

It will remain to be seen what happens.

Personally I think it would be really cool to have that recognition. I've found notes over the years, tucked around areas of my vehicle(s) the plate has had the honor of being on from people who just wanted to say they loved my plate. B)

• 2 weeks later...

At last it's finished! My bit for the 30th SW Celebration: my Star Wars themed bathroom. Ok, it really didn't have anything whatsoever to do with the 30th SW Celebration, but it makes this fit the topic. So there.)

For those of you who don't know, my whole house is one big expressionist art project devoted to my past. Each room is (or is going to be) themed to represent something that was important to me in the past. One of those things was Star Wars. I sort of hang around on the fringes of the thing now without being too involved, but when I was 11 (and 12 and 13 and 14...) I was a huge fan. So it had to be represented somewhere in my expressionist art project. (The pirate themed room was another one. More about that when it's ready...)

Anyhow, you can view it here if you're curious. I ended up making up several things in there myself. (Hint: Don't ever attempt to make your own bathroom mirror/medicine cabinet. It will cost you 4x the going rate at Lowes. :lol: )

"Am I not?"

The bathroom looks great! May I repost your link over at the 501st Stormtrooper Legion board? They would love this. :lol:

For the Disney MGM Studios Star Wars Weekends, I haven't heard of anything special. But out here on the West coast there is a rumor that Disneyland may do something while the 30th Anniversary convention is going on in May. They don't let us do Star Wars Weekends out here and it's very frustrating. :lol:

Also if you're near Los Angeles next month, the California Science Center is hosting a special exhibit called "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination". It runs February 11 to April 29. Lots of very cool exhibits and props (Luke's landspeeder) from the movies.

Here's a link:

Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

The bathroom looks great! May I repost your link over at the 501st Stormtrooper Legion board? They would love this.  :lol:

Thanks! I'm thinking about putting together a quick reference page naming all the accessories I used. I'm not saying they're ideal for this sort of project, but, like that lightsaber light, some people may like them enough to want to know how to get them.

Sure, yeah, post links to my site anywhere you like. What's a vanity web site for, if not vanity? (Actually, I often use it to explain the stuff I'm creating to people. Telling someone about your idea is one thing. Showing them is another. Like the Delorean-inspired kitchen cabinets I'm building...guess what the kitchen's theme is? ;) ) Do me a favor though and send me a link to your post. That way I can see all the praise and all the nitpicking. :lol:

"Am I not?"

Star Wars 30 ? Ok now I'm gettin old! :P

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 weeks later...