German Seafarers in the 17´s/ 18´s

Edward T. Porter

Hi there!

In the last 2 days, I read through at historical- based threads in this Forum. My girlfriend asked me a few things, which I have answerded quite well ( I think).

Then, she asked me following: Do you actually know about the maritime history of the Germans in the 17. and 18. Century? I thought shortly and had to determine to my disgrace that I know really not much about it...!

One thinks of seafarers or piracy in Germany in the general conditions that the first hit words are "Hanseatic league" or "Störtebecker", therefore "Middle ages".

After a short one seeks with Google I could find out also not much besides which the Whalers played a bigger role about and the Hanseatic league in the 17. century blasted off

Can one of the historically more versed forum users help me for my catchword search here?

• 4 weeks later...
B) Not To Good News At Present :rolleyes: The Only Info We Found wos Hear Say About The Conection Of England And Hanover And That Some Germans Served Along Side Of The English Re King Geoarge II & III Most Info Wos Napoleonic :ie Brunswick, K,G,L, Prussian, & Yaygers? Sorry About Spelling? This Seem Due To The Amount Of Independant German States B) I wos GobSmacked That There Are So Meny? Plus Austria Had A Navy??? Wah B) I will Carry On The Search Mate B)