Pirate Magazine ON STANDS NOW!

Jib

The Pirate Magazine that we all spoke of long ago is on stands now. I found my copy at Barnes and Noble under the topic of "entertainment". I looked at first under history topics where I found Fairy Magazine and Ren Magazine. Near Starlog, Entertainment, and TV Guide was where I located it.

On first glance it looks pretty good. Now the big question is: will it last?

I got mine today at Barnes and Nobles in St. Augustine....(Thanks for the tip)...It is just GREAT!!!!!....they have done a wonderful job and with it out for the general public to see I am sure we will be getting some new recruits in the near future.

KP

Over the weekend at the Dana Pt. Tall Ships Festival, the No Quarter Given booth had them and sold out. My friend bought two, and I looked through it. There's way too many pictures of Louie Lambie (whom by the way I now understand is a stand in for Johnny Depp- in the far shots) as if he's the only guy who can be a pirate... and there is a picture of my friend Dawn on pg. 50, she's wearing a mask. I also felt there were far too many ads and not enough substance to warrant my buying it. I'll wait and see if it gets better.

I'll donate mine to ya Rumba when I'm done thumbing thru it.

I doubt it ever become a collectors item in my life tyme anyhow,

although I do concider it a novelty to have. Mary says Hi..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a subscription, first issue came within a week.

Layout is nice. Could do without the cards in it. Could use more articles too. It was a bit annoying to have reprints of 2 articles from NQG that I've read too many times before too...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF