Fast passes at Disneyland

Christine

This is slightly off-topic, but since the Pirates ride is at Disneyland it could also be considered on topic. I've heard rumours that Disney might want to do away with Fast Pass for the rides. I personally think that has to be untrue. Fast Pass has been the greatest idea in a long time, especially since the crowds have trippled in just the past 5 years. I figured if anyone would know about this it'd be you. I'm hoping these rumours are false. Fast Pass was a great idea and helps crowd control a little bit.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

This is slightly off-topic, but since the Pirates ride is at Disneyland it could also be considered on topic. I've heard rumours that Disney might want to do away with Fast Pass for the rides. I personally think that has to be untrue. Fast Pass has been the greatest idea in a long time, especially since the crowds have trippled in just the past 5 years. I figured if anyone would know about this it'd be you. I'm hoping these rumours are false. Fast Pass was a great idea and helps crowd control a little bit.

Well, it has been talked about but no decision has been made as of yet so... for the time being you're safe!

It could be the idea and not the Fast Passes that go away.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

No, no fast pass for the Disneyland Pirates ride.

There is however wheelchair access which now often takes longer the the wait in the reg line.

Yo Ho!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

There used to be FP for Pirates, but sometime just before the 50th I noticed they just weren't there anymore. Some other people asked why they were taken out when it's especially needed now since it's re-opening.

Yeah that wheelchair line is insane! Goes all the way down from the exit, blocking entrances into those stores like Pieces of Eight, the Nightmare Before Christmas store and so on.

Oh, speaking of Nightmare, I guess they're going to do it again this year to the Haunted Mansion huh? Ugh! That thing has gotten old, especially since they hang those neon cardboard designs over the original stuff. I miss having the Mansion the classic way during Halloween time. It's been years since that has happened. Any chance they won't do it this year? Perhaps do it every other year, alternate. Classic way all year round for one year and then that Holiday Mansion on another year.

Oh, hey, Josh, do they change the Haunted Mansion for the holidays, October thru January, in Disney World too?

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

They have in the past, but last year at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party they didn't do anything different.

Speaking of Nightmare, they are re-releasing the film in "Real D" this October. RealD is digital, hi-def 3D, and it's phenomenal. I saw Monster House that way, and it was hands down the best 3D I've ever seen. They showed a trailer for Nightmare, and it's gonna look WICKED cool.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

speaking of Nightmare, I guess they're going to do it again this year to the Haunted Mansion huh? <snip> Any chance they won't do it this year? <snip>

Nope, they're doing it this year too. The flyers for it are already up on our bulletin boards here at work.

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Yeah, I know they'll be doing Holiday Mansion again. I saw the flippin' poster for it right when I got off the ride just recently. I was just hoping they wouldn't this year and leave it the classic way.

But still about the fast passes, I hope they never go away. That would be a step backwards. And we can't go back anyway, the crowds have trippled over just the past couple of years, fast passes help a little bit with crowd control. Especially for the big rides like Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. It'd be great if they brought back the FP for Pirates. They used to have it, but when it was closed for the new changes and re-opened they didn't bring it back. Not sure why, it's greatly needed!

There is one person I know of who is doing all he can to try and get rid of Fast Pass. He's a hypocrite tho because he uses them whenever he goes to the park. Ugh, some people are so obnoxious!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

No, no fast pass for the Disneyland Pirates ride.

There is however wheelchair access which now often takes longer the the wait in the reg line.

Yo Ho!

Yep. When I went on the opening weekend, the wheelchair access for my wife was 2-3 times longer than standing in a huge line out front.

I miss the requirement they used to have for "handicapped" visitors.

Now anyone can rent a chair (even at the park) and go get in the wheelchair lines. This makes it pointless for people who's ONLY way of enjoying the park is to access attractions trhough the wheelchair entrances.

Some say it's not fair that they don't have to wait as long as everyone else. But the trouble is that when it's so crowded just "walking" through the park for a wheelchair takes 2-3 times longer because you can't just go with the flow and squeeze around people standing still.

Yes when I was just there at DL a few months ago I seen a bunch of kids using the wheelchairs as a ploy to get on the rides a lot faster.. It really upset me... I just try to time things different.. Like I rode the POC while the lazer show and fireworks was going on and it was so slow we didnt even have to get off.. I went 3 times in a row.. and I was thrilled.. you can never have to much POC.. right? Anyhow I think FP would be a great thing for them to make permanent on that ride, cuz anyother time the lines were crazy long... just my 2 cents.. lol

Miss Lisa

Let's face it, it's a hell of a lot more crowded than it ever has been before! It's why fast pass is very much needed. Taking it away would be a big mistake. A lot of people don't like to spend all their time in lines and fast pass helps cut that down a little bit. But I can see where it needs to be improved upon, but definitely the idea cannot be taken away. The crowds are only going to get worse, not better. Population keeps growing all the time.

And btw, new visitors love the fast pass. It helped a lot for my guyfriend's family who all were visiting from South Dakota. The kids had never been there before. It was crowded that day, but we still managed to get on rides, thanks to fast pass. The kids thought it was great to not have to wait so long in line. My sister's friend from Australia also really enjoyed the fast pass because again it was crowded that day. To the ones visiting from out of town it is especially important to have fast pass, it's not like they can come back on another day. They have to try and get in as much as they can in one visit.

If they took away the fast pass completely that would be a step backward and would be a mistake. It is most needed on very crowded days.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Watch out for the month of October. Schools in Arizona (California's neighbors for those geographically challenged) has a thing called Fall Break. We all run to Disneyland for Fall Break.

~See you in October.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Here's something I read and wondered how much truth there is it to it:

Autopia was going to eventually take out their fast pass and try as a test to see how things go without it. The thing is those are some of the smaller rides where the lines never get that long anyway. And besides, I think this is just some rumour anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if Autopia's fast pass stays exactly where it is. I have asked some people about the fast pass situation who work in City Hall and they said they see no end to fast pass. It's quite popular on crowded days. I can see where it's hardly used in the off-seasaon when kids back in school and it's a weekday. But come the crowded days it's much needed, which is why I think it'll never be taken away. I do believe tho it will be improved upon at some point.

I was there yesterday for my sister's birthday to have an early dinner at Blue Bayou. We didn't do too much because of it being so crowded and so hot. Space Mountain we rode only because we got a fast pass. Star Tours was not crowded at all during that Parade of Dreams. During parades is a great time to try and get on rides. :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Watch out for the month of October. Schools in Arizona (California's neighbors for those geographically challenged) has a thing called Fall Break. We all run to Disneyland for Fall Break.

~See you in October.

Hey!!

You coming out here in October??

Come to the Disney Studio!!! :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hey, that new Nemo ride will be coming out some time next year right? And of course everyone and their mother will be standing in line for it, a line I'm sure will be totally insane! I was thinking that maybe Disney might come up with a way to cut down on time in line and also crowds of people just standing in line all thru-out the park. Perhaps they could come up with boarding passes. It's a little different from fast passes. I don't know if anyone remembers this from Universal Studios for the tram ride, but they'd hand out boarding passes at the main gate with different scheduled times. Whatever your scheduled time was is when you went to the tram loading area for the backlot tram ride. It help cut down on long lines. I think the way it worked was every 100 people the times would change. Something like that. If Disney is smart they'll come up with a way to do something like that with the line for the new Nemo ride. It would be better than just open up the line and say, "have at it!" It'll be a total zoo! There has to be a way to make it more organized, unless they really want one huge line winding all the way into the parking lot! I remember when Star Tours opened, I was a little kid, but my parents, my dad especially, wanted to wait. The line started when you walked thru the main gates and went all the way down main street and into Tomorrowland. I was bored out of my mind! I remember we all took turns waiting. We ate breakfast in line, my mom took me into Fantasyland to ride the rides there to kill time. We came back to tag team my dad and my sister so they could go do the same. It was just so crazy! I remember thinking I never wanted to do that again. No ride is worth that. You wait so long for a short ride that's over in under 5 minutes. Crazy!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg