More Marlinspike?

MorganTyre

You keep on teaching and I'll keep on learning. Just remember to put the cat away. Coachwhipping next?

Oh, and thanks for all you've done so far. Come down to Key West for Pirates in Paradise and I'll buy you a real rhum, not one of these digital ones.

And fill out yer bio for us so we can tell where you come from: you might be in the vicinity of one o' us scoundrels.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Coachwhipping next?

Oh, and thanks for all you've done so far. Come down to Key West for Pirates in Paradise and I'll buy you a real rhum, not one of these digital ones.

And fill out yer bio for us so we can tell where you come from: you might be in the vicinity of one o' us scoundrels.

Coachwhipping proper is very easy, just a square sennit made of multiple parts around a core. I've just never been able to get the final weave looking even. That's why I profer the long turkshead.

My stupid cat is the bane of my knotting existence. I do a lot of work with lines (professionally and for fun) and she's always there to make life difficult.

I'd love to do the pirates in paradise gig. That sounds like tons of fun. It's not going to happen this year though. I'm about to start a new job and will already need time off for some upcoming regatta's. I'm curious what your rum of choice is though.

As for my bio, yes it's not very complete but I'd be surprised if any of you are close. I'm way down in south texas.

Ropework_Header.jpg

Morgan, I'd love to learn how to do a bell rope if you were willing to do another tutorial. I've absolutely thoroughly enjoyed the one you wrote on chest beckets. :) :lol:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I'm curious what your rum of choice is though. 

Tha would be Mount Gay Barbados Eclipse, one of the finest rhums under the heavens.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...