Period folding chair!

Was looking at Jas Townsend and Sons website to help a costumer out with finding boning for her stays and low and behold I see on their new items they have a oeriod folding chair now!

Period?

Well, let's just say... they are the type that are on the HMS Victory... in the Admiral's Quarters. So... if anyone has seen those... that's what it is.

Ya want to see it? Here's the link:

British Campaign Folding Chair

I'm HIGHLY excited that these are out now. Pricy as it's $235. But... with them already documented and hell, that type of chair being on the HMS Victory... they are more authentic than those crappy canvas ones.

If anyone has the ability to check out the HMS Victory often and take a look see at the Admiral's Quarters... take a look at the furniture. I'm sure if folks can replicate that furniture.... it would help the re-enactment community.

That's my 2 doubloons worth.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

::: Shrugs::: I'm unfamiliar with how far back that type of chair style goes. I know the concept of the "folding chair" has been around a couple hundred years prior to the 18th century though. But the exact style of the folding chair has been a true mystery despite the etchings and pictures.

I know I've been looking into the folding chair since when I began re-enacting. It's been a challenge.

And this particular chair sold by Townsend is obviously not the only design during that time for a folding chair. But... the flat folding ability did make it easy as a documentary on the HMS Victory stated (i saw briefly on Public TV) easy for swift removal during a battle and to lay flat against a wall or elsewhere out of the way of the men.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!