Star Trek

blackjohn

Ok, for you original series Trek geeks... The Animated Series will be available on dvd come November 11th! Wooo!

And JJ Abrams (of LOST and Alias fame) has been signed to produce ST: XI, which will be an Original Series prequel of some sort.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Oh, joy. Another prequel. And the first one did so well... :lol:

MJ, are you referring to... what was that called... Enterprise? If so, I only watched maybe one of them at most. I'm willing to give this the benefit of the doubt, which is saying alot, since I pretty much gave up on Trek after Next Gen.

My Home on the Web

I gave up about halfway through "Voyager", and quit watching "Enterprise" after a couple episodes. Let's not even talk about "Nemesis." Now, I can't sit through any of the reruns or movies at all. They've run the franchise thoroughly into the ground for me. And to think I used to be one of the die-hard faithful.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Hrm... wonder if I'm the only person who enjoyed "Enterprise?" Sure... there were a few nagging inconsistancies and some holes in the logic... but I thought it was a well acted series, good writing and some fun plot ideas along the way. The real problem? Not enough pirates.

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

Hrm... wonder if I'm the only person who enjoyed "Enterprise?" Sure... there were a few nagging inconsistancies and some holes in the logic... but I thought it was a well acted series, good writing and some fun plot ideas along the way. The real problem? Not enough pirates.

I watched the first episode and teeny bits of another, so I can't really say that I dislike it, having not seen most of it. From what I've read, it sounds as if there are a half-dozen or so episodes that I'd like to see. When I re-activate my nextflix I'll probably put them in the... Q! <_<

My Home on the Web

I gave up about halfway through "Voyager", and quit watching "Enterprise" after a couple episodes.  Let's not even talk about "Nemesis."  Now, I can't sit through any of the reruns or movies at all.  They've run the franchise thoroughly into the ground for me.  And to think I used to be one of the die-hard faithful.

Same here. I was once one of those die-hards. But I still enjoy original Trek. I'm not going to let later snafus get me down on something I still enjoy. :huh:

Nemesis... never saw it. <_<

My Home on the Web

Ok, for you original series Trek geeks... The Animated Series will be available on dvd come November 11th! Wooo!

Fantastic!!

I've been waiting for this DVD set.

First appearance of a holodeck malfuntion.... gota love it!

William Blydes

I don't get lost, I EXPLORE!

CaptRob.jpg

Adventures on the High Seas

(refitted and back on station!)

Yep, me too! There are some memoriable episodes in there. I liked the one where Kirk and some others are secreted away on the special mission to return... the Soul of the Skorr???

Also, cartoons... which means my kids will eat it up!!! WOOOO! <_<

My Home on the Web

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Eric:

No, you're not the only one. I have a friend, we'll call her C., who practically went into mourning when Enterprise was cancelled.

She writes quite witty slash-fic about it. I'm sure she could work some pirates into it, too, if you asked her.

Cheers, Hester ... who is a Star Trek dilettante, didn't get into it until TNG was in reruns (partly because she didn't have a TV for 7 years), quite enjoyed all the subsequent series, but could never consider the original to be anything but dated camp. [Treasonous, I know, for a Canuck to ridicule a Shatner vehicle, but...]

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Hrm... wonder if I'm the only person who enjoyed "Enterprise?"  Sure... there were a few nagging inconsistancies and some holes in the logic... but I thought it was a well acted series, good writing and some fun plot ideas along the way.  The real problem?  Not enough pirates.

No, you're not the only one. I have a friend, we'll call her C., who practically went into mourning when Enterprise was cancelled.

I liked it. yes it needed some development but I liked that too, watching it progress.

Aditionally I have been a fan of Scott Bacula's for MANY years ...MANY MANY years.

I was disappointed when it was canceled the characters were getting well developed and we were cut off ...oh well. I'll live ...or something like that.

but could never consider the original to be anything but dated camp.

Whoa.... them's figthin' woids!!! Why I oughtta...

:lol:

Eh. To each his own. The world would be a boring and stagnant place if we all liked the same thing. :)

My Home on the Web

The original series encapsulates what TV was at the time. All you have to do is watch some of those old shows to see how "hip" ST was compared to them. (C'mon, Lost in Space as great science fiction? Talk about "campy". :lol: )

Thanks for the info about the animated series. I will definitely add it to my "must buy" list. I'm an "old fart", so I remember the original series and I suffered through TNG (I got fed up when every episode took place on the Holodeck; there is an entire universe out there and all they can do is imagine they're in the 1940's?! :o )

I loved DS9 because they closed the story so beautifully. I also gave up on Voyager half-way through the series but I enjoyed the cast of Enterprise (I like Scott Bakula too :P ) even though I didn't watch it much.

Unfortunately Paramount is doing NOTHING for the 40th Anniversary this year, which really disappoints me. Unless you attend the big party that Creation Conventions is throwing, there really isn't much to celebrate the series. And that's really sad. :lol:

But I could also blame Lucasfilm for doing nothing this year for the 25th Anniversary of Indiana Jones. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Funny how stuff gets around on the net... I saw this one the other day on another forum. I especially like:

TWENTIETH CENTURY EARTH

It must have been a great place, because they were always going there.

FIZZBIN

It actually doesn't seem that complicated if you've ever played Arkham Horror.

(do you remember Arkham Horror being complicated? next to impossible to win, yes. complicated? eh.)

There is also...

http://echosphere.net/star_trek_icons/star...trek_icons.html

And this...

"Heaven knows how powerful their weapons are and I'm hiding behind a bush."

from...

http://web.archive.org/web/20040604161452/...rms.com/EPS.HTM

My Home on the Web

Thanks for the info about the animated series. I will definitely add it to my "must buy" list. I'm an "old fart"

Me too. We old farts gotta stick together... :lol: :)

Unfortunately Paramount is doing NOTHING for the 40th Anniversary this year, which really disappoints me. Unless you attend the big party that Creation Conventions is throwing, there really isn't much to celebrate the series. And that's really sad.  :o

Well, they are having that big Trek auction. I wonder if they've run it so far into the ground that they need to do that to pay off debts. Someday I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up the whole franchise for a song and dance.

:o

My Home on the Web

• 4 weeks later...

I heard they're redoing all the special effects they can with jazzy, less-fishing-wire looking CGI effects. But... those styrofoam rocks were so cool!! :lol:

And there's always The Shat's fine acting. I think he saw one of those billboards that say "Drink Canada Dry", and he did. :lol:

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Yeah, I heard about SFX updates. I think Spike or some other cable channel is going to air those episodes.

I'll be watching. I wonder if I can still fit into my blue Lt. mini-dress? :D (Probably not. :D )

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.