San Diego Comic Convention

Christine

Who's going? It's this coming week, Preview Night is Wednesday the 19th starting at 6pm. Convention runs til Sunday the 23rd. I'm heading down after work on Wednesday night. I'm only dressing up as one character and only on Saturday. I'll be Supergirl pretty much the whole day and well into the night for the Masquerade. I'll be with a whole big group of costumed people from DC comics. Characters like Hawkgirl, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Robin, Batgirl and so on. My sister will also be there with 3 of her friends as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Their costumes are on the style from the new cartoon that was inspired by the comic book, very well done and authentic! Friday I won't be at the convention at all, that's the day I'll be swimming with dolphins at Sea World. This will be a total blast, fun couple of days! B)B)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Have fun, I was there all this past weekend. It was all about Pirates the movie, pirates the ride and just all Disney stuff, I'm exhausted..... :ph34r: but my mom had a great birthday this past Friday.

Oh but of course about the pix! :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

The Stranglehold has a booth...somewhere....And of course we have our Klingon play on Friday night at 7pm room 6A.

I'll be a Ferengi Saturday morning. I'll keep my eyes peeled for Supergirl!

The Stranglehold has a booth...somewhere....And of course we have our Klingon play on Friday night at 7pm room 6A.

My wife an Eye will be there to see them . :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I didn't bring a camera with me, but so far here's a pic of our superhero group from Saturday:

jla_wally.jpg

from left to right:

Katie as Hawkgirl, Andrea as Batgirl, me as Supergirl, Alex as Robin, in the back is Calvin as Superman, Scott as Batman, Vickie as Wonderwoman, Al as Green Lantern, down in front is the guyfriend Wally and Zandra as Poison Ivy.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

They have a section right outside the ballroom for the Masquerade where they do photo shoots. They have press from all over the world sitting there just snapping shots of the costumed contestants of the Masquerade. After that they then will take anyone who's in that area who's in costume. They of course got our Justice League group up there. By the night time tho it was only our Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Wonder Woman and me as Supergirl. Here's a shot of Andrea and I up there as Batgirl and Supergirl. The press was just loving having us both pose together! :)

sdcc06_11.jpg

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Didn't see you on the news Christine, but saw some gal doing the Cat-woman thing with a fake blond wig.

Also saw a friend of mine in the background while some newscaster was talking to some stormtroopers.

Well, channel G4TV interviewed us all on Saurday for Masquerade. Last night they only showed my sister and her friends briefly in their turtle costumes. Part 3 airs today at 4pm, it's the rest of the Masquerade, so maybe our little interview is on there.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I just finished recovering from Comic-con. I think attendance was over 130,000 this year. :lol:

Had a nice chat with some of the Stranglehold folks as they were only a couple of tables down from mine (I'm head of the Star Wars Rebel Legion costumers here in Southern California). I didn't spend much time on the dealer floor as it was SO congested.

Some of my friends did PotC1 recap in the Maquerade, here's a movie link:

PotC at Comic-Con

The Chewbacca in the Pedicap was on his way to a party we both attended on Friday night after the con closed. He was also at the same booth as "Captain Jack" Toby; I was a Wookiee Wrangler for him on Friday. :lol:

Comic-Con is fun, but like Danny Glover says in the "Lethal Weapon" movies: I'm gettin' too old for this sh*t!

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I just finished recovering from Comic-con. I think attendance was over 130,000 this year. :lol:

Had a nice chat with some of the Stranglehold folks as they were only a couple of tables down from mine (I'm head of the Star Wars Rebel Legion costumers here in Southern California). I didn't spend much time on the dealer floor as it was SO congested.

Some of my friends did PotC1 recap in the Maquerade, here's a movie link:

PotC at Comic-Con

The Chewbacca in the Pedicap was on his way to a party we both attended on Friday night after the con closed. He was also at the same booth as "Captain Jack" Toby; I was a Wookiee Wrangler for him on Friday. ;)

Comic-Con is fun, but like Danny Glover says in the "Lethal Weapon" movies: I'm gettin' too old for this sh*t!

Oh, yeah, I saw that POTC group, they were great! Our superhero group was hanging around the photo shoot area when they came out. They took some pix with our group as well. Pirates and Superheroes, what a combo eh? lol! :lol: I'm still waiting on some of those pix, like the one of me as Supergirl posing with Barbossa. My guyfriend has those on his camera, ugh, wish he'd hurry up! I'm curious to see how they came out.

Yes, this year's Comic Con was totally insane as far as the crowds go. I say it every time, each year gets worse than the last year. Each year getting more and more crowded than before. I heard at one point on Saturday they had to stop selling tickets, it reached maxium capacity! It was insane trying to walk thru that maddness on Saturday and since being in costume it was even worse! Our Superhero group was mobbed pretty badly! When we finally decided to head back to the room to relax before coming back for the Masquerade it took us forever to get out of there. We'd take 2 steps towards any of the exits and get stopped. The famous phrase we kept hearing, "Wait, just one more picture!" At one point we got in between that walkway, between the sails pavilion and the ballroom. Instead of fighting more people to go thru the ballroom area and down the escalators we high-tailed it down that long stair case. It luckily at that point was not that hot out. People at the bottom waiting to buy tickets enjoyed our costumed group descending on the stairs. The ones with capes, like me, had them flapping in the breeze behind us. It must have looked really cool, people were taking our pix as we came down the stairs. We all then linked hands and walked as fast as we could across the street and back to the Hilton to pass out! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg