Pirateology

Patrick Hand

Ok... everyone around town knows that I'm a Pyrate.... so the last time I went into the local bookstore , the Lady who runs the place told me about a book that was coming out...... she ordered a bunch of them, and has sold almost all of them out already..... (she did save one especially fer me tho.....)

"Pirateology"..... hey, any book with a compass on the cover has to be good.... this is more of a game or adventure than a "reading" book..... there are little bits and pieces... maps and fold-outs to "explore" as you read through it.....

The art work is fantastic, the "history bits" are OK..... but dang..... all the pull-outs are just too much FUN.........

Check it out......

I love books, but I haven't had this much fun with a book as with this one in forever......

I give it 5 skulls up..... ;);):P;);)

A freind of mine picked this book up... and it's pretty cool. I especially liked the reprint of (I think) Captain Kidd's letter of marque. Some really neat stuff included in the book for sure.

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses

Cheeky Actress just sent me a copy in the post.... lots of fun, especially for the young ones in the crew. There is also the book Pirates by John Matthews... same layout but different info in most cases... both are a fine treat for the eyes...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this on Amazon -- and really, really wanted it! But, I was too embarrassed to order it, because I thought it was just for children [and I don't have any, even for camouflage].

But since all you fine folk seem to have it, kids or no, --- what the hell! I'll order it as soon as I return from vacation.

Cheers, H.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

About 2 months before Pirateology came out, my son gave me a book called Pirates by John Matthews, Atheneum Books. It's quite a bit like Pirateology, but in my opinion, much better! It doesn't have the little story about the female pirate. It's just about pirates. and has much better and more fun pull-outs, etc. Anyway, give it a shot if you're curious. The cover has a Jolly Roger with an eye patch, a jewel for his other eye, and a gold tooth. BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

About two months ago, I bought "Pirates" at Cost Co, for half the bookstore price. I didn't see Piratology until just a few weeks ago, at WallMart. I think I like the Pirates book a little better, but I do have Dragonolgy, which I love. Bought that last Christmas, as a gift for ME.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog