The Pirate Hunter's Smarter Brother!

Inigo Montoya

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean t' tug on the Cat's coat has hard as I did, an wit' that she fell back in t' the boat.

Aye, there is nothin' more pitiful than a wet Cat. I looked at her an said, "There will be no one man... er.. woman rescue attempts. We need t' work t'gether, lest we end up needin' t' rescue more than one crew mate." She nodded in agreement, but I wanted t' see it in her eyes. "They won't harm him Cat. They hav other plans fer him."

As we came along side the Rakehell, Silkie leapt up an caught the line bein' tossed t' us, an Ransom started barkin' out orders t' her crew on the deck o' the Rakehell.

As the boat was pulled alongside Ransom's ship, Red Cat sat sullenly in the stern dripping on the deck wit her arms crossed.. "hmmph!!" Inside she was worried about Roberts an hoped Jacky be right....after all they knew nil bout these natives as it were...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Silkie tied to make heads and tails out of what she had gathered from the sea. Plankton wasn't a very reliable source of information. most of the sea life thought only of the day to day and ...well, we all look alike to them.

Why had they taken Roberts ...heck, how had they taken him so easily? Seemed they had no interest in Tar any longer ...because he escaped? The inhabitance of the island seemed to be interested in only sustenance and ... men?

She climbed the ladder to the deck of the ship then helped the soaked Cat up behind her waiting for Jacky to join them. Before Jacky set foot on the deck she asked, "Wot did they do t'ye lad? Wot was said?"

Jacky quickly relayed a condensed version of his tale and those present knew why he was asking about clothing for women. "Dey need men!" Silkie's eyes danced as she began to pace, a smile on her face. "Ye tink dey will not know d men frum d'whimen ifin we dress all as lass'?! Nay lad ...we ave instincts that go far beyond our eyes ...it would confuse dem fer a short while." Silkie continued pacing. "I tink I ken get on the island wit little notice but I also tink dey watch the shores often when dere is a ship witin site." She stopped her pacing, "TWO ships in site! Dere are men ...men wot don't deserve t'such kind treatment upon d' Relentless det perhaps we ken give to dose on d'island." Silkie turned to Jacky. "Ya mentioned a lad wot wuz in a cage ...wonder ifin he was such a lad? Someone marooned by his crew fer somtin e'did er didn't do? Cap'n ...wot d'ye tink?" Silkie looked at Ransom. "I ken follow d'Relentless while d'laddies change inta some ladies finery?" She laughed at the thought of the crew men dressed as ladies ...Africa? Again she laughed out loud, a contagious laugh that even forced Ransom to curl the corners of her mouth.

"Aye, a bit o' confusion an a little luck. We don't want t' rescue Roberts an find the TRIBE has taken someone else."

I looked at Silkie, "Ye don't suppose ye could pull Roberts through the water in yer other form, do ye?" I paused, "We need t' explore all our options." Silkie's eyes got glassy wit' human sadness this time, "Ferget I asked, luv."

As I listened to the various plans, and the idea of dressing the men like women, I wondered, like Silkie, if the native women would fall for it. Even with dresses on, men did not move, or act like woman, and the deception would be discovered in the end. Could we get Roberts off the island before the ruse was found out?

"Aye, there are a few women's dresses in the hold, stowed there for trading, not for wearing by the crew. How to you propose the pass the men off as ladies with all that facial hair sprouting from their chins and chests?" I gave Jacky an appraising look. "You gonna shave face, chest and arms? This I gotta see."

"Not on me, you don," Africa huffed behind me. "I don put on ladies clothes for no one." He stood, arms crossed over his big chest, glaring at Jacky.

At the thought of Africa dressed in frills and lace, I burst out laughing.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

We had one that we wanted and hoped he would be willing to help us.

The caged man had been released. The signs indicated that Tar had unknowingly let loose the one that was left here as a killer. We will track him by daylight.

The magic did not stop Tar. The boat that had taken Tar knows we are here. The other ship may still be unaware of us. We hope that they will come ashore. We will make stronger magic to stop the ship that passed without stopping, the ship that set the big man we now had in our company in the small boat. Then they will come ashore.

The sister who knows the magic of the sea began again, her focus on the ship that did not stop.

"Oh, give me a dress. I suppose Africa can stay below decks, til' we depart." I grabbed a suitable garment, and went below.

I went t' the ships' galley an found a bucket wit' some water; I wasn't 'bout t' shave dry. Shavin' was the easy part, fittin' in the dress would prove more difficult. "How do women wear these damn corsets!" I cursed. I had the scrawny cook lace me up. He looked too frightened t' laugh an did wot I told 'em.

I doubt even I could fool the TRIBE members up close, but camouflage an trickery was needed.

I climbed back on deck wit' a pistol tucked in me sash. I attempted t' sashay in lady like fashion back t' the others. "That's how it's done!" I proclaimed and drew the pistol.

Silkie had just taken a good long draught from her daily ration of grog when Jacky came sashaying up, it was all she could do not to shower the lad and although the sting of it burned the back of her nasal passages she managed to keep her laughter down to a low roar!

"Goode lard Jacky! Er ya tryin t'drown mae?!"

:lol::lol::lol:

"I tink ye may b'wearin d'stays upside down lass." :lol:

With a wide grin on my face I walked around Jacky, checking out the lace and satin attire. "You know, I think you could stroll down the high street and every young buck would stop dead in his tracts when he saw you. 'Course, it might be from fright, but I could be wrong." I peered closer. "There's just something about a damsel with a beard shadow that some might find alluring."

I staightened Jacky's bonnet, tied the ribbons under his chin, and stood back. "Oh my, luv. I'm gong to remember this moment for the rest of my life."

Then I broke down in whoops of laughter. Through the tears running down my cheeks, and bluring my vision, I could see Jacky scowling and pointing his pistol at me. That made me laugh harder.

Behind me, Africa huffed, muttered something in his native language, then made strange anti-hex motions with his hands, directed at Jacky in the fancy dress.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

From just below decks a voice called up..."First one laughs ..get's it !" Followed by a brief silence..albeit the women's snickering which they tried hard to hold back as JAcky practiced parading about.

Red CAt appeared sans weapon laden garb, the smudge wiped fom under her eyes and her hair tucked up under a kerchief. She grasped the frock with both hands and sauntered in her usual style over to where Jacky stood, sticking a foot out with a daring smirk..to show she'd chosen t' keep her boots on. "Need someplace t' keep me dirk...Lord knows..I.."

CAt stood looking at JAcky who had the oddest grin on his face and she couldn't help but burst out laughing as he curtsied. "Gods teeth TAr! ye tryin t kill me? heehee whoo!" She dropped her skirts an held her stomach laughing till tears rolled down her face as JAcky continued to tease her, batting his eyelashes and swishing this way an that. Ransom rolled her eyes an threw her hands up walkin forward to check their bearings. "Let me know when you lot finish foolin about, daft buncha monkeys..." Ransom muttered as she and Africa walked forward to the binnacle. The big first mate looked back at the trio and clucked shaking his head. Silkie, perched on a barrel and continued to drink her grog and chuckle at her friends antics..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

The CAt in a dress (I was not goin' down in flames alone); I started t' laugh, I thought I was goin' t' split me sides an it wasn't 'cause o' the damn corset.

I waltzed over t' Ransom 'fore she could reach the helm, "Care t' dance Ransom? I'll let ye lead!" I held an arm out. She smiled an furrowed her brow, a look that I read t' mean, "Another time"; I thought, "Damn Jacky, she is a captain an this is her ship." I dropped me arm an stepped back, a move that must o' looked almost like a bow, even in this rig.

I grinned at Jacky's wobbly bow, and shook my head. "Dance? When Roberts is still smothered in native womanly love and needing...manly rescue? I think you laced that corset too tight and it's cutting off the blood supply to your brain." I restraightened his bonnet, then gave his cheek an affectionate pat. "We'll save that dance for when this adventure is over. I'd love to see the reaction of the gang back at the pub when you waltz in dressed like that."

Aftrica still stood next to me, and I addressed him. "Roust up Goose and get him dressed as a lady as well. If he gives any fuss, hold him down and have Jimmy shave him." Africa's eyes lit up, and he stode toward the galley.

Then I turned back to a frowning Jacky. "Don't worry. When cornered, that scrawny old man can put up a fight. If the women capture him, they'll get sick of his whining within an hour, and toss him back on the beach. As for me, I believe letting my hair down is about as lady-like as I'm willing to get" I pulled the cord lose that tied my hair back, and let it flow in a red tangle across my shoulders. "How's that?"

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I took off the bonnet, an loosened the ribbon from me own hair, an smiled at Ransom, "Perfect, my captain."

It was time t' remove the dress, so I executed a proper bow, turned on me heel an headed fer the galley.

As I passed the jovial CAt I said, "Ye may want t' change luv, we still hav t' rescue Roberts from the love starved natives."

"WOT! Yer nil gonna keep up appearances? Den wot ye dress like det fer? Ya like it?"

Silkie laughed but made ready to duck incase Jacky's humor wasn't up to such abuse.

"N'why in evens name is poor goose gettin shaved and dressed!"

I addressed Silkie, "I don't need t' keep up appearances luv. That was a demonstration fer the crew. Dressin' 'em as lasses may keep the TRIBE from abductin' 'em." I started back t' the galley an stopped, "Make yer self ready, yer part o' the crew wot's goin' back t' rescue Roberts."

I headed back t' the galley t' get out this corset an dress. Mayhaps Africa could use it fer the greasy cook.

Get ready? She had her brace and cutlass in place and her ever present haversack slung over her shoulder. She needed a better way to keep the skin with her. If she kept traveling like this she was going to end up throwing her back out. Perhaps she should find a way to wear it on her back. Some sort of pack that would distribute the weight evenly.

(Have back packs been invented yet?) :D

Silkie looked up to the sky, "Tis a goode day fer a raid." she then looked round the deck t'be sure Cat was out of ear shot and said under her breath with a wink to Ransom, "Still say we ots t'let the wimmins keep Roberts until e'begs for a rest!"

I winked back at Silkie. "By the time he decides he needs a rest, he may be too tired to talk...or walk!"

Some of the crew were still looking at me a bit strange, so I felt the need to explain Jacky's plan to them. "The natives of this island seem to want only male prisoners. They use some kind of drug-soaked dart to disable their prey. That's what happened to Roberts. If you all don some form of women's clothing, it may stall an attack on the ship. Jacky's little demonstration was to set an example that even the most masculine of men can pose as a lady. It's either that, or risk getting darted and hung in a cage."

The men shuffled their feet, and mumbled under their breath, then Jimmy Cox stepped forward. "Beggin' yer pardon, Ma'am, but there's some of us that aint had no womanly comfort in a long while - if ya take my meaning. Maybe spendin' a bit o' time with these natives wouldn't be so bad."

I stepped closer to the young man, whose face was now beet red with embarrassment. "If you, or any of the crew take one foot off this deck, or if you jump ship to go visit that island, I'll leave you on it. Understand?"

Jimmy nodded and stepped back. Tunny and Ludo knuckled their foreheads. At that moment a half-shaved, screaming Goose came charging up onto the deck, with Africa, razor in hand, chasing after him.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

I was back in me clothes, standin' in the galley, when members o' the crew came in grumblin'. There are many things 'board a ship which make life hard. Lack o' female companionship is one o' them. I knew we could ill afford havin' the men go ashore, but I also knew the grumblin' could turn in t' somethin' much worse.

I spoke up, "Lads will be in Cuba soon, where the Spanish ladies will welcome sailors such as yer selves wit' open arms. Aye, so best we pick up Roberts an make sail fer Havana. Wot say ye t' that?" Their moods seemed t' brighten, an the grumblin' died a bit.

I left the galley t' return topside.

Silkie modified a haversack and was pleased with the period correct backpack that resulted.

While the crew grumbled Silkie found a hammock and napped waiting for daylight or the rescue of Jonathan Roberts ...whichever was to come first even a sealkie needed sleep from time to time and she had not had time for a restfull sleep since before the storm.

or have I? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Roberts was dreaming....or was he? His clothes felt strangely soaked..but it hadn't rained..had it? He turned his swimmin head t' look from his bunk an realized that he was layin on a bed o straw. As his eyes focused a bit more..it warn't Goose lookin at 'im or even th CAt..a pair of deeply pooled blue eyes gazed into his an as he looked about he saw several more pair. All belongin t' the stunnin natives he'd seen in th boat. They began to speak in a strange tongue an he felt dizzy again. "Ladies, ladies...one at a time" he said laughing...still giddy from th drug. "Thar be enuf of Ol Roberts ta go around.." The talking stopped momentarily and then someone brought a cup to his lips..

Wine, women, coin n song.

Equal shares of each says I!

It wasn't the Relentless, but it still felt good t' be 'board ship. I stood at the main deck railin' an stared at the beach I had just been rescued from, an soon would return to bring back Roberts. I glanced up at Ransom, who was conferring wit' Africa. Aye, this was her ship. Despite any feelings we had fer each other, there'd be no comin' or goin' wit' out her say.

Red Cat would be back on deck soon and would try t' swim t' shore again, if we didn't make a rescue attempt, soon. I doubted we could sneak in an grab Roberts un-noticed; would he be ready t' be rescued? Wouldn't want t' fight him an the TRIBE, if he wasn't willin' t' leave.

Goose had retreated back to the galley, and I had taken the razor away from Africa. Now the big black man and myself discussed plans for keeping the ship safe while the rescue party went ashore.

"I don like this island. Dos women be witches, an steal a man's soul. Even corpse powder," He pulled from within his shirt a small leather bag that hung on a cord around his neck, "be not strong enough to protect dis man from all dem. Work on one, maybe. But not on whole tribe."

"No, I don't think corpse powder is going to help anyone this time. What I want you to do is stand armed guard over the ship as soon as we leave. Don't let anyone or anything get within blow dart range. That's what they're using. You have my permission to fire on any boat that gets too close. Use the swivel guns. The native boats are small, so don't waste powder or ball by firing the eight-pounders."

Africa nodded, then removed the cord from around his neck and draped it over mine, so the bag of corpse powder hung over my chest. "You take dis. You need it more dan me."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

In the grass hut:

TRIBE watched as he batted his eyes. The one who knows language translated his words and light giggles filled the crowded hut. This one would suit them better. This one was chosen. Tara encouraged him to drink deeply. The milk would give him strength. He would need his strength, the next generation of the TRIBE needed him.

Elsewhere on the island:

A worn man in a cocked hat paddled his boat towards the Ransom’s ship. He was glad the woman of the TRIBE had not moved the jolly boat he had been sent ashore on. He had not been treated well by the women of the TRIBE. His former crew mates had enjoyed their company but when he was sent ashore as a murderer they put him in that cage. The Ship anchored off shore would have no knowledge of the reason for his captivity. He would not tell the crew of this ship. He’d if they asked why he was kept captive he would tell them that the lady