Earrings

El Pirata

Where can we buy earrings in the hoop variety? Every now and again I find them while I do a rare but of shopping but they are exceptionally few and far between. I have exceptional alergenic ear lobes and while I was able to take the pain of dealing with infection after infection while that ear lobe healed, I would like the other ear lobe either pierced or maybe find a clip-on that looks cool. Anyone?

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I have bought those over the years and they really do nothing to stop the infections at all. Submerging my ear lobe in rubbing alcohol for an hour or two, while being extremely painful the first minute or two, seems about as helpful as a diet double cheeseburger.

PS: thanks for the links. Feeling exceptionally ungrateful at this moment I was wondering, ahhhhh, ferget it. I'll not dig that grave today.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I have bought those over the years and they really do nothing to stop the infections at all. Submerging my ear lobe in rubbing alcohol for an hour or two, while being extremely painful the first minute or two, seems about as helpful as a diet double cheeseburger.

PS: thanks for the links. Feeling exceptionally ungrateful at this moment I was wondering, ahhhhh, ferget it. I'll not dig that grave today.

Grr, well, there always be two sides to every story. You've only heard one.

But send me a PM if you've got something on your mind, Sir.

I was thinking along the lines of having the sober driver hit the mailboxes on the way home from a night's drinking and one of the drunks in the car saying, "if we wanted to hit mailboxes we could have let Ralph drive."

I think I was politely saying please help my lazy butt and link me directly to the hoop earrings. I did, however, remedy this slight problem already by getting off my lazy butt and doing it myself.

Know I not, any jewelers, least not the ones who make. I be knowin' plenty of jewelers who be buyin and sellin jewels.

I can only wear the metals molybnium and titanium in my holes.

I wear a deer horn flesh tunnel in my left ear on the bottom and a molybnium captured bead earring in two holes just above the deer ear stretching.

I saw a guy with an acrylic earing that was gold plated outside ,not where the ring is in the ear-not sure where to get one though.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

Capt Weaver's Pirate Perversions

I can definitely relate. I got several piercings in my one ear over the summer. And they are still not really healed. I have figured recently that part of it is what the earing is made of.

Alcohol is bad for a piercing. Salt water is much better. When my ocean temp was a bit warmer if I went swimming I felt much better. They were practically healed. I guess I'm going to go down the water and bring home containers of the stuff and soak the ear in it. Homemade salt water helped, but not as much. I have found that as you go up the ear the piercings get harder to heal. I truly am only recently able to sleep on this ear.

El Pirata -

yep. I wanted a tattoo but got the piercings instead cause I chickened out. I really do think that the tat would have hurt less then these darned ears have over 4 months. I have 4 piercings in the one ear and one in the other. I was hoping to add 2 more to the one ear so I could run earrings all the way around. But I thought these would have been healed by now. Last night I took all of them out and left them out all night and then soaked in epsom salts this morning. Hopefully I will still be able to put the earrings back in today. I will be getting a tattoo, hopefully if I get to PIP in the keys this winter. Still researching what to get,

:) Aye, there, lass...even a huge tat only 'hurts' once...Don't even come accross as pain after a while, eh wot?....... :ph34r:

Yeah, say that in day 7 of a Samoan tribal tattoo.

Aye,

A tat on'y hurts when it be done... and even a samoan tat on'y hurts once... ye donna ink o'er th' same spot...

I will say they feel like sunburn fer th' first few hours afterwards...

Heh, no pain, no gain...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Claires accessories in any local mall or any teenie bopper store since they can be acquired like 2.00 a pair depending on where you hail from. Also if you are allergic to them coat the pointy part with clear nail polish. hoops are always in style.

ERIS Blackrose

Welcome to my nightmare....

I have embraced my inner magpie. OOH SHINY!!

Ahoy, shipmates. The best tradin' vessel be e-Bay; it docks in all ports, no matter where ye be.

I also have me one ear what gives me trouble, but I be buyin' non-allergenic accessories fer me lobe. I be findin' a treasure trove o' clip earrings here

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

El Pirata, I know the movie. It's "Groundhog Day." Funny stuff. "If we wanted to hit mailboxes, we'd let Ralph drive!" I love that movie!

Anyhow, back to the earring dilemma...

I also have sensitive lobes, and with six holes (three in each ear), I can sympathize with you. I love hoop earrings, just for everyday, and I could never find any that worked well enough that I could wear them constantly.

One day, I lucked up. I found that at two Wal-Mart stores, within 30 miles of my house, both carry sterling silver hoop earrings in multipacks...of six. Yay! They range from small, medium and large in one pack. I have worn the ones I have in now for several months, and the only thing I have to do is take them out now and then and clean them off, wipe my ears with alcohol and then poke them back in.

My honey also has his ears pierced (3 in left, 1 in right), and he's the only honey I've ever had who tries to steal my earrings...hmmm.

Anyway, you can also find some of the earrings with nylon backs that are made for sensitive ears. They didn't used to be so cute, in fact, they used to only have kiddie themes on them. But now, companies are finally realizing that adults have sensitive ears too, and are making them for everyone.

And, I know this sounds kinda gross, (but my mom's a cosmetologist, and my aunt is a nurse, so...) Remember, hold your ear hole and flip it backward over the tip of your finger every now and again. Sometimes what's inside will surprise you. Yuck! (Shudder) It's like a pore in your skin, and if it's not cleaned out regularly, it will get infected, like a pimple.

Whew! Now that that's over with, I can go. Sorry I had to get graphic, but if it helps, I'm glad.

Did you know that you look a lot like my honey? Weird.

Arrgh!

:ph34r:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

as a piercer myself,I have found that if you want a better,cleaner hole that doesn't cause as many problems,then you should get it done with a real needle-not one of them nasty rip-a-hole-through-the-ear-with-the-earring guns.

although everyone is different,the majority of people have less problems with the needle and a much faster initial healing time.

it is also good to get it done in a larger gauge.a larger hole generally lets more air in and you have less infections that way.

Capt Weaver

"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned. A man in jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. "

Dr. Samuel Johnson

El Pirata, I know the movie. It's "Groundhog Day." Funny stuff. "If we wanted to hit mailboxes, we'd let Ralph drive!" I love that movie!

That was my favorite line from the movie.

Depending on yer body chemistry type, some of that piercing stuff might not get along with your body type. Solid gold non-plated hoops work best fer me after punching a new hole through meself.

As for a good source of earring and hoop booty, for those of us prone to infection or with sensitive ear flaps or whatever, once I be find a good source for such things and they run out of stock, that’s usually it and I be having to look else where again to find more. (how were that fer a run-on sentence? and talk about not being any help...)

Also if you are allergic to them coat the pointy part with clear nail polish. hoops are always in style.

ERIS Blackrose

Will that work???

Also if you are allergic to them coat the pointy part with clear nail polish. hoops are always in style.

ERIS Blackrose

Will that work???

yeah,it works great,just hafta redo it often

Capt Weaver

Dr. Samuel Johnson

ERIS Blackrose

Will that work???

I always did this, and it works, you may have to re apply after awhile. I also dab a bit of neosporin if I don't have clear nail polish on hand the neosporin protects you from infection my sister is highly sensitive to metals and this does the trick for her.

ERIS Blackrose

Welcome to my nightmare....

I have embraced my inner magpie. OOH SHINY!!

Eh, too much work.

I had a ring that irritated my finger, and they told me to clean it with ammonia and put clear fingernail polish on it. It worked through the first two handwashings. Then, it bit the dust. Of course, it WAS on my old wedding band. Perhaps that was a sign...

:lol:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."