Davey Jones

The Doctor

:rolleyes:

Oh, too good, Jack! I think most women prefer the first image of Davy Jones.. the former Monkee.

Either way... both are musical.

Ok.. as twisted as this sounds though... when seeing the Trailer back in May... Jones playing the organ....

DavyJonesorgan.jpg

Oooooo... moving tenticles and more... again, twisted as it is... It's rather kinky. :)

Besides... Davy Jones has some AWESOME blue eyes. :)

~Lady B

:(

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Damn. Ye all used up the good Monkee jokes already. I have nothing to add.

(Hmmm... I'm a Believer? Pleasant Valley Sunday? Last Train to Clarksville? rats.)

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Did anyone notice the way he looked at Elizabeth's wedding dress floating in the water? A look of forlorn, as if it looked familiar to him. Isn't that her mother's wedding dress? Perhaps her mother is the lost love of Davey Jones.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Or maybe it looked like an octopus, an he has developed this, you know, like, this thing for octopi and jellyfish...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Did anyone notice the way he looked at Elizabeth's wedding dress floating in the water? A look of forlorn, as if it looked familiar to him. Isn't that her mother's wedding dress? Perhaps her mother is the lost love of Davey Jones.

Hmmm I thought it was Tia Dalma or do they just want us to think that since her locket matches Davy's music box???

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

That was my theory too :ph34r:

Did anyone notice the way he looked at Elizabeth's wedding dress floating in the water?  A look of forlorn, as if it looked familiar to him.  Isn't that her mother's wedding dress?  Perhaps her mother is the lost love of Davey Jones.

Hmmm I thought it was Tia Dalma or do they just want us to think that since her locket matches Davy's music box???

How do we know it's her locket? What if it just came into her possesion? Eh, it'll all be revealed in the next movie

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Oh, too good, Jack! I think most women prefer the first image of Davy Jones.. the former Monkee.

Either way... both are musical.

Ok.. as twisted as this sounds though... when seeing the Trailer back in May... Jones playing the organ....

Aye yes but if'n ye remember, The Monkees didn't play their own instruments till later when they started the reunions.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

I'm praying that it's not Tia Dalma. However, all signs are pointing towards her. Tia Dalma just doesn't appear to be the "changing, harsh and untamable as the sea" type. Elizabeth, however, is exactly that. But apparently it's not Elizabeth. Which only confused me more. Again, Tia doesn't appear to be that "untamable as the sea" type that she spoke of to Will, Jack and the others. Unless she's VERY good at cleverly deguising herself. Wicked woman she would be then if so.

My reason of confussion is... if you look at the main chest that held everything including the Dead Man's Chest.. there was lace, roses, ribbon, letters, etc... something that just didn't seem very Tia Dalma-ish. Another reasoning being... is at the beginning of Curse of the Black Pearl... with mini-Elizabeth (as Keira so affectionately put it, loved that btw)... standing at the bow of the Dauntless, gazing ahead, singing a pirate song. She had no real fear when discussing piracy, having a fascination with pirates, and her father's reply to Norrington explaining the "short drop and a sudden stop"... she replied "Actually I find it all fascinating," and her father's extreme concerned reply, "Yes, that's what concerns me." And it was dropped then and there. But yet... Elizabeth seems to have an utter fascination with the sea... as though drawn to it.

Again, Elizabeth is more the untameable as the sea type. Unlike Tia Dalma.

I would have sworn that Tia gained the other pendent in some manner of speaking. Won't say all how reasons... one of them perhaps by Barbossa or some other reasoning many, many years ago.

And another reason that bewilders me... if infact it is Tia that was Davy Jones' lost love... then why in the devil did Davy Jones raise the Pearl up from the Depths and give it to Jack Sparrow and make the agreement? Hmm? I would have figured that Jones wouldn't want anything to do with Jack... seeing as Jack and Tia go way back and all, etc... See what I be sayin', mates?

But... again, I'm not a part of the crew, not writing it and all.. so... I guess we shall see next year what happens. Perhaps.. Tia Dalma will surprise us all.

Is anyone more and more confused by the evidence given to us now?

But, yes.. I did notice that Christine. And even noticed that her wedding dress sank into the sea.

Again, Elizabeth has an issue with her fine gowns being lost to the sea, doesn't she?

Wondering if we shall see the wedding dress again later on. :lol: If not.. at least it makes for a great piece into a fan fiction story. :ph34r:

Well, Davy Jones playing the organ... ahhh... what a delight. Again, makes one ache to play the organ again.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

As my uncle put it, "Not sure how anyone could be attracted to Tia Dalma, the black stained teeth would be a turn off!" :ph34r:

Yeah, I don't think it's Tia, just because the locket is in her shack doesn't mean it's hers. Or......here's a bizarre thought, if it's not Elizabeth's mother that's the lost love then how about Elizabeth being the reincarnation of his lost love. She resembles his lost love. Being the only beautiful looking girl in the whole movie does cause a problem, every guy wants her! :ph34r:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

It's funny (being as I haven't seen the second film yet) to see these discussions about movie characters turn almost philosophical.... :ph34r:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

ahhh... what a delight. Again, makes one ache to play the organ again.

~Lady B

Whose??

:ph34r::ph34r:

BESS!!!! Shame on ya for such a thought!!

:::Attempts to look innocent::: Davy Jones' organ would be cool to play on.. but any organ would be nice. Ahhhh... the good ol' days.

And, I'm with yer Uncle there, Christine. Though... if I remember correctly in "The Patriot" the girl that Gabriel was courting put ink in the tea and his teeth were black. Course he did the same to her years before... turning her teeth and mouth black for a month.

And yes, does appear that every man in the Caribbean wants Elizabeth. Intelligent, Beautiful, Adventurous, Gutsy... and as I pointed out above more of what Tia described.. "Unchanging, harsh and as untamable as the sea".

Oh, well. One way or another... I am eager to see the 3rd film. See what happens. Can't wait to see how Will and Elizabeth work with Barbossa. And when Davy Jones and Elizabeth meet... etc

Philosophical, Matt?

Now how do you figure that?

~Lady B

Or......here's a bizarre thought, if it's not Elizabeth's mother that's the lost love then how about Elizabeth being the reincarnation of his lost love. She resembles his lost love. Being the only beautiful looking girl in the whole movie does cause a problem, every guy wants her! :(

Please, please, no reincarnations. That would just be... bad. Very, very bad. Enough people get reincarnated in fiction as it is.

:::Attempts to look innocent::: Davy Jones' organ would be cool to play on.. but any organ would be nice. Ahhhh... the good ol' days.

Afraid I'm no good at the organ, but I wouldn't mind playing his funny accordion. rebg.gif

The dress was her mother's, eh? Oh, dear. *cue gratuitous Corpse Bride reference*

• 2 weeks later...

:lol:

Ya know.. if I remember correction from watching the old Monkee's TV show... they actually HAD an episode with pirates. Hehehe.. I'm surprised that they didn't pull a Davy Jones thing there.

~Lady B

:lol:

david_bowie.jpg

I prefer this "Davie Jones" ... David Bowie, born David Jones, who changed his name in 1966 to avoid confusion with the Monkee.

Great pirate gear he's got on there!

And Bill Nighy was a perfect pick for Davey Jones in PotC2, Without seeing the credits first or any mention of him in pre-movie publicity, I recognized him under the squid-head! My one quibble is that his accent should have been Welsh, not Scottish. But then again, it's hard to sound scary in a Taffy dialect.

Cheers, Hester

N[ow] P[laying], James Yorkston, "The Snow it Melts the Soonest"

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I wrote:

>>>And Bill Nighy was a perfect pick for Davey Jones in PotC2<<<

Indeed, Bill Nighy is one of my favourite actors. He's great, and has a real sense of camp. He was terrific in _Love Actually_ (which was not a great movie) and he obviously had great fun in the goth-horror Underworld:

wp_Underworld01.jpg

The sequel, Underworld Evolution, was pretty disappointing, though.

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg