POTC CCG

I really, really, REALLY want the new Pirates of the Caribbean Collectible Card Game. However, I has me a bad habbit o' collectin' things I don't need. So my question is this: does any o' you have it yerselves, and if so, what's yer opinion o' the gameplay? Is it worth the $15 or so my local comic purveyor is askin' fer it?

bas_sig.png

My real name is April - *shhh*! =B

buxomanniescarlet@pyracy.com

Are ya talkin' about the Trading Card Game by Quickstrike/Upper deck?

I have it. Haven't played it. Yet. My nephew has looked it over and says it's more like playing YuGiOh or something along those lines.

~Lady B

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Too cartoony. Artwork is lacking.

If you want to play a good pirate CCG, try strat with Pirates of the Spanish Main. But the latest set to come out is Pirates of Davy Jones' Curse.

15927.jpg

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Is 7th Sea a card game? I thought it was an RPG...in which case I'd recommend Skull & Bones by Green Ronin.

I also recommend Wizkids Pirates of the Spanish Main..The Davy Jones' Curse set is a fun one, with sea monsters and Davey Jones.

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, talk about a Blast From The Past Reis!

Yes, 7th Sea was a CCG and a Roleplaying game at the same time. I only collected the CCG, while I am proud to say I own every 7th Sea book released.

Skull & Bones is a crappy d20 supplement not worth the paper it's printed on. Get it only if the store has it like 50% off or more. No d20 game captures piracy well at all

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

• 3 weeks later...

I have the PotC CCG (starter plus 3 boosters) -- unopened, waiting for me at my cottage. I wanted to wait until I saw the movie before playing the game. [PotC Monopoly ditto.]

I have numerous 7th sea decks as well (a few still unopened). Took me awhile to get the hang of the boarding procedures, but I've got it sussed now. I do prefer the artwork on these to the PotC cards.

And I have PotSM too -- that's my fave so far! The tiny little 3-D ships are a hoot! Plus, it's so easy to customize it with your own additions. I've added mermaids, sunken treasure and gender-specific rules about transporting rum & gin (which count as booty).

eBay is so dangerous! That's why my score was so low on Phil's Tao test.

Cheers, Hester ... covet, collect, covet, collect, covet...

pirate-jenny-text.jpg