More Web sites needed please

JohnnyTarr

Ok all you pirates. As I am new to these waters I am hoping for some help. I am looking for pirate related web sites. There are just too many on google to wade through. I am looking for loot, reenacting, ships, history, and just about anything. Care to help someone with a few new charts for these waters?

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

When I say re-enatcting I am thinking research dedication and education. If I can do that while being an entertainer great. The problem with entertaining is I never seem to have time to find such entertainers nor do I know of any entertainers in my area that would be willing to take a 35 yr old newbie. :huh: Thx for the start on the sites. I will check them out promptly.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

Cool. There is a tendency around here to use the term "re-enactor" very loosely. That's why I asked. Obviously, different schools of thought will point you in different directions.

Ed Foxe's site may also be helpful to you, though I don't have the url handy. If you go down to Capt Twill you'll find his posts with links to his sites.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

When I say re-enatcting I am thinking research dedication and education. If I can do that while being an entertainer great. The problem with entertaining is I never seem to have time to find such entertainers nor do I know of any entertainers in my area that would be willing to take a 35 yr old newbie.  :ph34r: Thx for the start on the sites. I will check them out promptly.

Well Johnny Tarr if you are looking for a crew to join, you may want to consider signing up with the folks of The Archangel. Newbies don't frighten us one bit. Besides, we would love to take ye under our wing and keep ye from running about in bucket top boots... :ph34r:

A number of us are located in Wisconsin. Actually we have crew members based pretty much mid-west as well as east coast, PA, VA, NY, IL. Many of us are "old" to reenacting but, some, fairly new to GAoP. As far as dedication to "getting it right" it is our main goal... we've gotten high marks from Kass McGann, bless her twisted little self, but we also make it another goal to entertain as well as educate... and just plain have fun!! If you would be interested give us an email....

Your humble servant,

Hector

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

For historical fight tactics adaptable to theatrical presentation this may be of help:

www.HistoricalMaritimeCombat.com

:ph34r:

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

• 3 weeks later...