Pirate Figurine

Ahoy mates,

I am wondering if any of you might know where I can find a small wooden figurine like this:

pirate_2004.jpg

They are usually about 6" or so tall, and are sold as "el cheapo" souvenirs at beach stores, nautical stores, etc. I had one of these when I was a kid, (it is now long lost), and I would like to find one again for sentimental reasons. If any of you might know where to buy them, or perhaps someone might have one they no longer wanted and it needed a good home, would you please kindly let me know? Thanks so much for any help! :ph34r::ph34r:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Thanks Bilgemunky! That is the figure, alright! However, I wonder if they offer just him alone? I really don't want the whole set, just that one. I have also seen these same figures cast in resin in other places, but that takes some of their charm away, in my opinion, as the hand carved wooden ones are extra special. :P

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

(1945)

If you're looking to score just the one, your best best would be to hit a toursity shop on the coast, if possible. I see these things by the dozen during my travels each summer. But they do seem surprisingly scarce online at the moment.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

• 2 months later...

After searching unsuccessfully for a place that sold the figures singularly, I decided to try carving my own. Here he is:

PirateFigurine2.jpg

He's about 6" tall, and carved from spruce and then hand painted. I had so much fun carving him (not to mention it relaxes me), that I have decided to try and carve the whaler and the old salt in the rain "slickers" next! :D

(1945)

Well I wouldn't "copy" the ones that are already being made (except for the first one you did for sentimental reasons...)

How bout doing a version of Black Beard or other famous Pirate Captains?

black_beard_173.gif

or

Rackam1t.jpg

???

Greg aka GOF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Well, Blackbeard would be a bit more complicated, but I could give it a try if you'd like, Greg. I think it's a good idea! Of course the others are traditional folk art figurines mass produced just about anywhere up and down either coastline. I have a friend from Maine who told me he used to go to the coast quite often and there would be old men who were retired fishermen and such sitting there carving these little figures. ;)

(1945)